Two lanes of M25 closed in Brentwood area after fuel leak collision
- Credit: Getty Images
A fuel leak has caused a collision between a car and a lorry causing two lanes to be closed on the M25 in the Brentwood area.
Police are advising motorists to avoid the anticlockwise carriageway between Brook Street and the M11.
Officers were alerted at 12.42pm today after reports of the crash between the Rover 75 and the lorry.
The collision resulted from a leak of fuel from the lorry, Essex Police said, and no-one is thought to be injured.
Firefighters and the Highways agency are at the scene dealing with the fuel spillage.
You may also want to watch:
Police predict there will be congestion in the area for a substantial amount of time.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 5 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 6 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 7 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 8 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 9 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57