Two lanes of M25 closed in Brentwood area after fuel leak collision
- Credit: Getty Images
A fuel leak has caused a collision between a car and a lorry causing two lanes to be closed on the M25 in the Brentwood area.
Police are advising motorists to avoid the anticlockwise carriageway between Brook Street and the M11.
Officers were alerted at 12.42pm today after reports of the crash between the Rover 75 and the lorry.
The collision resulted from a leak of fuel from the lorry, Essex Police said, and no-one is thought to be injured.
Firefighters and the Highways agency are at the scene dealing with the fuel spillage.
Police predict there will be congestion in the area for a substantial amount of time.
- 1 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 2 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 3 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
- 4 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 5 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 6 Man found not guilty of attempted murder in Brentwood
- 7 NHS staff protest mandatory vaccinations outside Queen's Hospital
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
- 10 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford