Two lanes of M25 closed in Brentwood area after fuel leak collision
- Credit: Getty Images
A fuel leak has caused a collision between a car and a lorry causing two lanes to be closed on the M25 in the Brentwood area.
Police are advising motorists to avoid the anticlockwise carriageway between Brook Street and the M11.
Officers were alerted at 12.42pm today after reports of the crash between the Rover 75 and the lorry.
The collision resulted from a leak of fuel from the lorry, Essex Police said, and no-one is thought to be injured.
Firefighters and the Highways agency are at the scene dealing with the fuel spillage.
You may also want to watch:
Police predict there will be congestion in the area for a substantial amount of time.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 4 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 9 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array