Two lanes of M25 closed in Brentwood area after fuel leak collision
- Credit: Getty Images
A fuel leak has caused a collision between a car and a lorry causing two lanes to be closed on the M25 in the Brentwood area.
Police are advising motorists to avoid the anticlockwise carriageway between Brook Street and the M11.
Officers were alerted at 12.42pm today after reports of the crash between the Rover 75 and the lorry.
The collision resulted from a leak of fuel from the lorry, Essex Police said, and no-one is thought to be injured.
Firefighters and the Highways agency are at the scene dealing with the fuel spillage.
You may also want to watch:
Police predict there will be congestion in the area for a substantial amount of time.
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 5 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 6 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 7 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
- 8 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 9 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- 10 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?