Boys arrested after allegedly carrying baseball bats and large hunting knives in Romford town centre
- Credit: @MPSRomfordTown
The two boys were seen carrying baseball bats through Romford town centre.
Two boys were arrested in Romford town centre last night after allegedly carrying large knives and baseball bats.
At around 5.15 last night (Thursday, July 19) police said two boys were seen walking through Exchange Street in Romford town centre holding baseball bats “as if ready to use them as weapons.”
CCTV picked up the youths and they were then intercepted by police.
Following this they were both stopped and searched, and officers found that they were both carrying large knives, one of which was a large hunting knife.
You may also want to watch:
Both boys have been arrested.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 3 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 4 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 9 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 10 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal