Boys arrested after allegedly carrying baseball bats and large hunting knives in Romford town centre
- Credit: @MPSRomfordTown
The two boys were seen carrying baseball bats through Romford town centre.
Two boys were arrested in Romford town centre last night after allegedly carrying large knives and baseball bats.
At around 5.15 last night (Thursday, July 19) police said two boys were seen walking through Exchange Street in Romford town centre holding baseball bats “as if ready to use them as weapons.”
CCTV picked up the youths and they were then intercepted by police.
Following this they were both stopped and searched, and officers found that they were both carrying large knives, one of which was a large hunting knife.
You may also want to watch:
Both boys have been arrested.
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 6 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 7 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 8 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 9 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London