Boys arrested after allegedly carrying baseball bats and large hunting knives in Romford town centre
- Credit: @MPSRomfordTown
The two boys were seen carrying baseball bats through Romford town centre.
Two boys were arrested in Romford town centre last night after allegedly carrying large knives and baseball bats.
At around 5.15 last night (Thursday, July 19) police said two boys were seen walking through Exchange Street in Romford town centre holding baseball bats “as if ready to use them as weapons.”
CCTV picked up the youths and they were then intercepted by police.
Following this they were both stopped and searched, and officers found that they were both carrying large knives, one of which was a large hunting knife.
You may also want to watch:
Both boys have been arrested.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 10 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault