Boys arrested after allegedly carrying baseball bats and large hunting knives in Romford town centre
- Credit: @MPSRomfordTown
The two boys were seen carrying baseball bats through Romford town centre.
Two boys were arrested in Romford town centre last night after allegedly carrying large knives and baseball bats.
At around 5.15 last night (Thursday, July 19) police said two boys were seen walking through Exchange Street in Romford town centre holding baseball bats “as if ready to use them as weapons.”
CCTV picked up the youths and they were then intercepted by police.
Following this they were both stopped and searched, and officers found that they were both carrying large knives, one of which was a large hunting knife.
You may also want to watch:
Both boys have been arrested.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell