Tributes paid as man dies day after struck by vehicle
- Credit: Archant
Dan seen on CCTV walking away from accident
A man struck by a car as he crossed a busy road on Halloween was found dead at his home the following day.
CCTV footage shows the driver of a dark-coloured estate helping Daniel Hancock, 41, to his feet following the accident in Brentwood Road, Romford before leaving the scene. Cameras recorded the collision at about 7.25pm and show Mr Hancock walking away from the accident.
Tributes have been paid to Mr Hancock, of Hornchurch, across social media.
On Facebook neighbour Lisa Anne Peacock said: “RIP Dan it won’t be the same without you living next door.”
People have described Mr Hancock as a man who thought of others and was well liked.
Police are linking his death to the collision, at the junction of Park Lane and Albert Road, after a post-mortem examination, last week, gave cause of death as a head injury.
- 1 Romford pair to 'bring a little bit of raving' to 'more mature' Hornchurch community
- 2 Watch: Brawl erupts on Heath Park street outside pub
- 3 Man, 52, found with head injuries in Hornchurch
- 4 'The smell is foul': Brigade called to more than 70 fires at Rainham site since 2018
- 5 Bid to turn Harold Wood motor shop into three-bedroom home refused by council
- 6 Application to open Papa John's takeaway in Hornchurch
- 7 Unvaccinated patients may need to take Covid tests for hospital appointments as cases rise
- 8 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 9 Teen taken to hospital as 'priority' after being stabbed in Rainham
A spokesman for the New Image home improvement shop, Brentwood Road, said: “The incident was captured on our CCTV and was handed over to the police to help with their inquiries.”
Detectives are keen to speak to the driver of the dark coloured estate and anyone else who witnessed the incident.
Police believe the car may have had a round yellow taxi sign in the rear window.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Serious Collision Unit at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8597 4874 quoting reference number 5417138/15 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.