Trial set for Collier Row man accused of trying to rob West Ham United star Andy Carroll’s watch
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A 21-year-old from Collier Row is to stand trial for an attempted robbery of West Ham United striker Andy Carroll in Chigwell earlier this month.
Jack O’Brien, of Navarre Gardens, appeared in Basildon Magistrates’ Court today for that, and 15 other offences – including allegedly handling a stolen motorbike in Dagenham.
He is accused of trying to rob the West Ham star’s £22,000 watch while the striker was driving down Romford Road, in Chigwell, on November 2.
The 27-year-old footballer managed to motor away to the club’s training ground, in Rush Green.
Hammers manager Slaven Bilic described his striker as “very brave”.
You may also want to watch:
O’Brien will stand trial for this and 15 other offences at Basildon Crown Court on December 12.
He is also charged with one count of handling stolen goods, one count of aggravated burglary and 13 counts of burglary, across London, Essex and Hertfordshire.
- 1 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 2 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 3 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 4 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
- 7 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 8 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 9 Pictures: Beautiful double rainbow arrives in Havering
- 10 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed