Trial set for Collier Row man accused of trying to rob West Ham United star Andy Carroll’s watch
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A 21-year-old from Collier Row is to stand trial for an attempted robbery of West Ham United striker Andy Carroll in Chigwell earlier this month.
Jack O’Brien, of Navarre Gardens, appeared in Basildon Magistrates’ Court today for that, and 15 other offences – including allegedly handling a stolen motorbike in Dagenham.
He is accused of trying to rob the West Ham star’s £22,000 watch while the striker was driving down Romford Road, in Chigwell, on November 2.
The 27-year-old footballer managed to motor away to the club’s training ground, in Rush Green.
Hammers manager Slaven Bilic described his striker as “very brave”.
You may also want to watch:
O’Brien will stand trial for this and 15 other offences at Basildon Crown Court on December 12.
He is also charged with one count of handling stolen goods, one count of aggravated burglary and 13 counts of burglary, across London, Essex and Hertfordshire.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 10 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected