Trial set for Collier Row man accused of trying to rob West Ham United star Andy Carroll’s watch
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A 21-year-old from Collier Row is to stand trial for an attempted robbery of West Ham United striker Andy Carroll in Chigwell earlier this month.
Jack O’Brien, of Navarre Gardens, appeared in Basildon Magistrates’ Court today for that, and 15 other offences – including allegedly handling a stolen motorbike in Dagenham.
He is accused of trying to rob the West Ham star’s £22,000 watch while the striker was driving down Romford Road, in Chigwell, on November 2.
The 27-year-old footballer managed to motor away to the club’s training ground, in Rush Green.
Hammers manager Slaven Bilic described his striker as “very brave”.
You may also want to watch:
O’Brien will stand trial for this and 15 other offences at Basildon Crown Court on December 12.
He is also charged with one count of handling stolen goods, one count of aggravated burglary and 13 counts of burglary, across London, Essex and Hertfordshire.
- 1 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 2 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 3 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 4 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 5 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 9 Unions provide stationery packs to Barking, Dagenham and Havering children
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57