Trial set for Collier Row man accused of trying to rob West Ham United star Andy Carroll’s watch
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A 21-year-old from Collier Row is to stand trial for an attempted robbery of West Ham United striker Andy Carroll in Chigwell earlier this month.
Jack O’Brien, of Navarre Gardens, appeared in Basildon Magistrates’ Court today for that, and 15 other offences – including allegedly handling a stolen motorbike in Dagenham.
He is accused of trying to rob the West Ham star’s £22,000 watch while the striker was driving down Romford Road, in Chigwell, on November 2.
The 27-year-old footballer managed to motor away to the club’s training ground, in Rush Green.
Hammers manager Slaven Bilic described his striker as “very brave”.
O’Brien will stand trial for this and 15 other offences at Basildon Crown Court on December 12.
He is also charged with one count of handling stolen goods, one count of aggravated burglary and 13 counts of burglary, across London, Essex and Hertfordshire.
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 3 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 4 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 5 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 6 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid
- 7 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
- 8 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 9 'Abused, slapped and spat at': New Romford shopping centre tells of racist abuse suffered by staff
- 10 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October