Travellers move onto green space in Romford
- Credit: Archant
A group of travellers have gained unauthorised access to an open space behind a Romford street.
Reports have been received that 12 caravans have moved in near Lilliput Road this afternoon and that they have been served with an eviction notice.
The site backs onto June Wingrove’s garden on East Road.
She said: “None of us round here are very happy about it.
“I am really not very happy.”
You may also want to watch:
The occupied area is also adjacent to Romford cemetery and the Romford and Gidea rugby grounds.
Cllr Melvin Wallace, cabinet member for culture and community engagement with Havering Council, said: “We won’t tolerate any unauthorised settlement in our parks or green spaces.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 6 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 7 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
“We’re working with the police and will also have security in place at all times until they leave.”
Do you live on or near Lilliput Road? Contact Harriet on 020 8477 3810 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information or photos.