Travel: ‘15-minute’ delays to Greater Anglia trains through Romford and Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Trains through Romford and Ilford are delayed by as much as 15 minutes, Greater Anglia has warned.
The operator tweeted this morning: “All mainline services into London via Shenfield are subject to 4-14 min delays due to poor rail conditions.”
Later @greateranglia added that a Network Rail Railhead Treatment Train, which clears leaves from the line, was providing support on its route and “doing everything possible to reduce delays to trains”.
At 8.40am, the operator tweeted: “All Metro (slow stopping services from Shenfield & Gidea Park) are subject to 5 minute delays due to an earlier train fault.”
One service, 08.51 from Gidea Park to Liverpool Street, has been cancelled, Greater Anglia said.
Elsewhere in London, flights have been cancelled in anticipation of strong winds caused by a hurricane that has blown its way across the Atlantic.
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 3 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 4 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 5 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid
- 6 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 7 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
- 8 'Abused, slapped and spat at': New Romford shopping centre tells of racist abuse suffered by staff
- 9 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
- 10 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas