Travel: ‘15-minute’ delays to Greater Anglia trains through Romford and Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Trains through Romford and Ilford are delayed by as much as 15 minutes, Greater Anglia has warned.
The operator tweeted this morning: “All mainline services into London via Shenfield are subject to 4-14 min delays due to poor rail conditions.”
Later @greateranglia added that a Network Rail Railhead Treatment Train, which clears leaves from the line, was providing support on its route and “doing everything possible to reduce delays to trains”.
At 8.40am, the operator tweeted: “All Metro (slow stopping services from Shenfield & Gidea Park) are subject to 5 minute delays due to an earlier train fault.”
One service, 08.51 from Gidea Park to Liverpool Street, has been cancelled, Greater Anglia said.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere in London, flights have been cancelled in anticipation of strong winds caused by a hurricane that has blown its way across the Atlantic.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage