Travel: ‘15-minute’ delays to Greater Anglia trains through Romford and Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Trains through Romford and Ilford are delayed by as much as 15 minutes, Greater Anglia has warned.
The operator tweeted this morning: “All mainline services into London via Shenfield are subject to 4-14 min delays due to poor rail conditions.”
Later @greateranglia added that a Network Rail Railhead Treatment Train, which clears leaves from the line, was providing support on its route and “doing everything possible to reduce delays to trains”.
At 8.40am, the operator tweeted: “All Metro (slow stopping services from Shenfield & Gidea Park) are subject to 5 minute delays due to an earlier train fault.”
One service, 08.51 from Gidea Park to Liverpool Street, has been cancelled, Greater Anglia said.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere in London, flights have been cancelled in anticipation of strong winds caused by a hurricane that has blown its way across the Atlantic.
- 1 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 2 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 3 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 7 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 8 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 9 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 10 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs