Train operator c2c is most punctual in UK with 97% of trains on time
- Credit: C2C promo
Train operator c2c has remained the most punctual in the UK, according to latest Network Rail figures.
In the four weeks up until August 22, 97 per cent of c2c trains – which runs services through Rainham and Upminster – arrived on time, an improvement on this time last year.
Overall in the past 12 months 97.1pc of c2c services were on time compared to the national average of 89.6pc.
Managing director Julian Drury said: “More trains are arriving on time across the rail industry, and c2c is no exception to this.
“This is good news for c2c and our passengers, as well as for all of east London and south Essex.
“A reliable and punctual train service is an essential part of the local infrastructure that helps to deliver strong economic growth, and allows the region to reach its full potential.”
- 1 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 2 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 4 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 5 'Pupils love coming here': Romford primary school retains 'good' rating
- 6 Plans to convert hotel into housing rejected despite residents' support
- 7 Tribute paid to father one year after death in council hostel
- 8 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election
- 9 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 10 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel