Thug jailed for bottling man in face in Hornchurch bar
- Credit: Archant
A violent thug has been jailed for five years after bottling a man in the face during a savage bar attack.
Alwyn Dowman, 39, of Sunrise Avenue, Hornchurch, pleaded guilty to GBH and was sentenced at Wood Green Crown Court on Tuesday last week.
Police were called to a disturbance between a group of men and women in Appleton Way, Hornchurch, in the early hours of Saturday February 1.
They discovered a man had been assaulted with a broken bottle in the Vertigo Lounge, Station Lane, Hornchurch and found the 29-year-old lying in the venue’s kitchen with a cut to his face that required stitches.
Dowman was identified from CCTV footage and arrested at at 2.20am on February 2 on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Denise Johnson, of Havering CID, said: “This was a violent incident in which the victim suffered a serious facial injury.
“The length of the sentence reflects the gravity of the offence and I can only hope this will deter others from committing violent acts on the borough.”
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 5 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 6 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months