Thug jailed for bottling man in face in Hornchurch bar
- Credit: Archant
A violent thug has been jailed for five years after bottling a man in the face during a savage bar attack.
Alwyn Dowman, 39, of Sunrise Avenue, Hornchurch, pleaded guilty to GBH and was sentenced at Wood Green Crown Court on Tuesday last week.
Police were called to a disturbance between a group of men and women in Appleton Way, Hornchurch, in the early hours of Saturday February 1.
They discovered a man had been assaulted with a broken bottle in the Vertigo Lounge, Station Lane, Hornchurch and found the 29-year-old lying in the venue’s kitchen with a cut to his face that required stitches.
Dowman was identified from CCTV footage and arrested at at 2.20am on February 2 on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Denise Johnson, of Havering CID, said: “This was a violent incident in which the victim suffered a serious facial injury.
“The length of the sentence reflects the gravity of the offence and I can only hope this will deter others from committing violent acts on the borough.”
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 5 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 6 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 7 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 8 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 9 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone
- 10 Council campaign calls on residents to take up Covid vaccine