Thug jailed for bottling man in face in Hornchurch bar
- Credit: Archant
A violent thug has been jailed for five years after bottling a man in the face during a savage bar attack.
Alwyn Dowman, 39, of Sunrise Avenue, Hornchurch, pleaded guilty to GBH and was sentenced at Wood Green Crown Court on Tuesday last week.
Police were called to a disturbance between a group of men and women in Appleton Way, Hornchurch, in the early hours of Saturday February 1.
They discovered a man had been assaulted with a broken bottle in the Vertigo Lounge, Station Lane, Hornchurch and found the 29-year-old lying in the venue’s kitchen with a cut to his face that required stitches.
Dowman was identified from CCTV footage and arrested at at 2.20am on February 2 on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Denise Johnson, of Havering CID, said: “This was a violent incident in which the victim suffered a serious facial injury.
“The length of the sentence reflects the gravity of the offence and I can only hope this will deter others from committing violent acts on the borough.”
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 7 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 8 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 9 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused
- 10 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham