Three men arrested after burglary at Harold Hill cannabis factory
- Credit: Google Maps
Three men were arrested after stealing a large amount of cannabis plants from a house before leading the police car chase along a motorway last night.
The men, aged 54, 29 and 32, were interrupted at 10pm by officers on routine patrol as they loaded the plants into a Honda Civic on Dewsbury Road, Harold Hill.
The police noticed entry had been forced to the house and there were over a hundred plants in the car.
Upon seeing the officers the men abandoned the Honda and took off in another car.
The Met pursued the vehicle which was stopped on the northbound carriage of the M11 with the assistance of Essex Police.
You may also want to watch:
Both vehicles and the plants have been seized by police and the three men were taken to a north east London police station where they remain in custody.
Enquiries continue to identify and trace the residents of the property in Dewsbury Road.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 2 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 9 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 10 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'