Three men arrested after burglary at Harold Hill cannabis factory
- Credit: Google Maps
Three men were arrested after stealing a large amount of cannabis plants from a house before leading the police car chase along a motorway last night.
The men, aged 54, 29 and 32, were interrupted at 10pm by officers on routine patrol as they loaded the plants into a Honda Civic on Dewsbury Road, Harold Hill.
The police noticed entry had been forced to the house and there were over a hundred plants in the car.
Upon seeing the officers the men abandoned the Honda and took off in another car.
The Met pursued the vehicle which was stopped on the northbound carriage of the M11 with the assistance of Essex Police.
You may also want to watch:
Both vehicles and the plants have been seized by police and the three men were taken to a north east London police station where they remain in custody.
Enquiries continue to identify and trace the residents of the property in Dewsbury Road.
- 1 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 2 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 3 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 4 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 7 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
- 8 Brookside Theatre appeals for help repairing windows
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police