Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives have charged a man and two boys with the murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood.
Daniel was fatally stabbed in Church Road on May 7 not far from Amy's Park.
The police were called at 6.40pm to reports of a fight involving a number of people.
Officers attended and found 16 year-old Daniel with a stab wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene just after 7pm, according to the Met.
A 15-year-old boy was arrested on May 7, and was subsequently charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon yesterday (May 12). He cannot be named for legal reasons.
Joshua Kerr, 18, and Callum Hands, 19 - both of Romford - were arrested on May 7 and May 9 respectively.
The pair were also charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon yesterday.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 4 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 5 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 6 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
All three appeared at Barkingside Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, May 12 where they were remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey this Friday (May 14).
Three other people had been arrested in connection with the incident. The first, a 16-year-old boy, was arrested on May 7 on suspicion of affray.
The second, an 18-year-old man, was arrested on Monday, May 10 on suspicion of murder.
The third, a 24-year-old man, was arrested on Tuesday, May 11 on suspicion of murder.
All three have been released on bail to return at a date in early June.
Detectives continue to investigate and are appealing for anyone with information to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC.
Alternatively, information can be provided to Crimestoppers, anonymously by calling 0800 555 111.