Third man charged with murdering Jodie Chesney appears in court
- Credit: Facebook
A teenager has appeared in court accused of murdering 17-year-old girl scout Jodie Chesney.
Svenson Ong-a-kwie appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today (Thursday, March 14) charged with one count of murder.
The 18-year-old, of Hillfoot Road in Collier Row, is the third person to be charged with the murder of Jodie.
He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday (March 18) the court heard.
Jodie was fatally stabbed in a park in Harold Hill on March 1 as she listened to music with a group of friends.
A man and a boy have also been charged with her murder.
Manuel Petrovic, 20, of Highfield Road, Romford, and a 16-year-old, who cannot be named, are both due to face trial at the Old Bailey in September.
- 1 Apology issued after NHS nurse 'was failed by short-staffed Queen's Hospital maternity ward'
- 2 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 3 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
- 4 13 flats and three commercial units in new four-storey block approved for Romford town centre
- 5 Hornchurch man given three-year football banning order for Nazi salutes
- 6 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 7 'He fought for life': Boxing match to help disabled five-year-old continue his passion
- 8 Another dispersal order in Elm Park amid youth ASB crackdown
- 9 Police chief hopes to introduce Romford town centre team ‘as soon as possible’
- 10 Queen’s Theatre only site in London to receive Grade-II listing for Platinum Jubilee
Another three people, a 50-year-old man and a 38-year-old woman, both from Dagenham, and a 17-year-old boy who were arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender have all been released under investigation.