Third man charged with murdering Jodie Chesney appears in court
- Credit: Facebook
A teenager has appeared in court accused of murdering 17-year-old girl scout Jodie Chesney.
Svenson Ong-a-kwie appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today (Thursday, March 14) charged with one count of murder.
The 18-year-old, of Hillfoot Road in Collier Row, is the third person to be charged with the murder of Jodie.
He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday (March 18) the court heard.
Jodie was fatally stabbed in a park in Harold Hill on March 1 as she listened to music with a group of friends.
You may also want to watch:
A man and a boy have also been charged with her murder.
Manuel Petrovic, 20, of Highfield Road, Romford, and a 16-year-old, who cannot be named, are both due to face trial at the Old Bailey in September.
- 1 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 2 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 3 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 4 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 5 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 6 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 7 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 8 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 9 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
Another three people, a 50-year-old man and a 38-year-old woman, both from Dagenham, and a 17-year-old boy who were arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender have all been released under investigation.