Third man charged with murdering Jodie Chesney appears in court
- Credit: Facebook
A teenager has appeared in court accused of murdering 17-year-old girl scout Jodie Chesney.
Svenson Ong-a-kwie appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today (Thursday, March 14) charged with one count of murder.
The 18-year-old, of Hillfoot Road in Collier Row, is the third person to be charged with the murder of Jodie.
He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday (March 18) the court heard.
Jodie was fatally stabbed in a park in Harold Hill on March 1 as she listened to music with a group of friends.
You may also want to watch:
A man and a boy have also been charged with her murder.
Manuel Petrovic, 20, of Highfield Road, Romford, and a 16-year-old, who cannot be named, are both due to face trial at the Old Bailey in September.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 4 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 5 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 9 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
Another three people, a 50-year-old man and a 38-year-old woman, both from Dagenham, and a 17-year-old boy who were arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender have all been released under investigation.