Thieves set four cars alight during Harold Hill police chase
Car thieves caused four cars to catch fire in a Harold Hill street around 3am this morning as they fled from police.
Two men in hooded tops broke in to a house in Honeysuckle Close to take keys so that they could steal a silver Ford Mondeo.
But a resident heard them and called police, who were quickly on the scene.
The thieves then set light to the Mondeo in nearby Pimpernel Way, causing three other cars – a silver Ford Ka, a silver Saab and a black BMW – to also catch fire.
Police chased the men on foot, using a dog search unit, while a helicopter circled the scene to provide support.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Harold Hill station put the fires out.
One suspect was arrested at the scene and taken into custody. He was questioned and bailed while police continue their enquiries.
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 4 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 5 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 6 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 7 Men fined following New Year's Eve rave in Brentwood
- 8 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 9 'My girls aren't sleeping': Harold Hill family searching for Pog the dog
- 10 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
Another is still at large. He is described as being about 5ft 9ins, and was wearing a hooded top.
If anyone has any information about the incident they should call Havering Police on 0300 123 12 12.