Teens from Romford and Dagenham arrested after ‘substance’ attack at Lakeside,Thurrock
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy from Romford and a 17 year-old boy from Dagenham who were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder following an incident outside the Lakeside shopping centre on Friday have been released under investigation.
Two women were splashed with an unknown substance during a fight which broke out between a large group of teenagers at around 5.10pm.
They suffered reddening and stinging to their faces but their injuries are not believed to be serious.
The fight continued into the McDonald’s restaurant where two members of staff tried to intervene.
They were assaulted but not seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
A cordon was put in place in the area so investigations could take place.
Inspector Rob Brettell said: “I understand this incident may have caused concern but we believe it was a targeted and isolated incident and there is no risk to the wider public.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
“The area was busy at the time and I believe there would have been a lot of people who saw what happened.
“If you saw what happened, have any video of it or have any other information my team needs to speak to you.”
If you have any information please contact Grays police station on 101 quoting incident 786 of 10/11 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.