Teens from Romford and Dagenham arrested after ‘substance’ attack at Lakeside,Thurrock
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy from Romford and a 17 year-old boy from Dagenham who were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder following an incident outside the Lakeside shopping centre on Friday have been released under investigation.
Two women were splashed with an unknown substance during a fight which broke out between a large group of teenagers at around 5.10pm.
They suffered reddening and stinging to their faces but their injuries are not believed to be serious.
The fight continued into the McDonald’s restaurant where two members of staff tried to intervene.
They were assaulted but not seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
A cordon was put in place in the area so investigations could take place.
Inspector Rob Brettell said: “I understand this incident may have caused concern but we believe it was a targeted and isolated incident and there is no risk to the wider public.
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 5 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 6 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 7 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 8 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
- 9 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- 10 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
“The area was busy at the time and I believe there would have been a lot of people who saw what happened.
“If you saw what happened, have any video of it or have any other information my team needs to speak to you.”
If you have any information please contact Grays police station on 101 quoting incident 786 of 10/11 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.