Teenagers stabbed after car chase through Harold Hill
Two teenagers were stabbed after a car chase around an estate in Harold Hill on Wednesday night.
Police said two boys, aged 17, had been chased by at least two men for a period of time.
They were called to the scene in Dulverton Road at about 9pm on Wednesday night (June 6).
Witnesses said they saw the two boys run into the flats in Dartsfield Road.
They were later chased by cars, which pulled up, and men followed them on foot to a garden in Dulverton Road, where the alleged stabbing took place.
Callum Orr said: “A black Land Rover drove up and two lads ran into the flats. They came out, and another car chased them around back again. Two lads jumped out of that car and chased them on foot. Another car came around and two people started chasing them. They had been driving recklessly, like mad men.
“They caught up with them and chased them into a garden. It then looked like they were beating them with cricket bats. Someone said they had seen boys running with knives.”
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 3 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 4 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 5 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 6 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid
- 7 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
- 8 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 9 'Abused, slapped and spat at': New Romford shopping centre tells of racist abuse suffered by staff
- 10 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
Police said the victims suffered minor puncture wounds to the leg, arm and head. One of the men has suffered a possible broken arm.
London Ambulance Service attended and took them to an east London hospital.
Witnesses said they saw about three ambulances, a helicopter, and about 20 police officers and police dogs.
Two men were arrested on suspicion of a stabbing-related offence and were in custody today (Thursday), but police said they are still looking for the perpertrators of the attack.
Police are appealing to any members of the public who witnessed this offence or with any knowledge of this matter to contact the CID at Romford Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.