Teenagers arrested for carrying large knives and cannabis outside Romford train station
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers have been arrested for carrying large knives and cannabis outside of Romford train station.
Police were called to the incident in South Street on Sunday night (April 1) at around 9.30.
The officers attention was first drawn to the four males because they matched the description of a group that had been involved in an incident in The Brewery last week and officers had recognised them from CCTV.
They then stopped the group, and one of the group - who is 14 years old - then dropped a large black knife in a cover on the floor and was detained by officers and arrested for possession of an offensive weapon.
He was then searched and officers found three bags of cannabis on him, and he was also arrested for this.
You may also want to watch:
Another 15-year-old in the group ran from officers whilst his friend was being searched and whilst doing so dropped his bag and coat.
After a short chase he was stopped and detained and when officers searched him they found a large pink kitchen knife, and in his bag were four bags of cannabis.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
He was then arrested for possession of an offensive weapon and possession of cannabis.