Teenagers arrested for carrying large knives and cannabis outside Romford train station
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers have been arrested for carrying large knives and cannabis outside of Romford train station.
Police were called to the incident in South Street on Sunday night (April 1) at around 9.30.
The officers attention was first drawn to the four males because they matched the description of a group that had been involved in an incident in The Brewery last week and officers had recognised them from CCTV.
They then stopped the group, and one of the group - who is 14 years old - then dropped a large black knife in a cover on the floor and was detained by officers and arrested for possession of an offensive weapon.
He was then searched and officers found three bags of cannabis on him, and he was also arrested for this.
Another 15-year-old in the group ran from officers whilst his friend was being searched and whilst doing so dropped his bag and coat.
After a short chase he was stopped and detained and when officers searched him they found a large pink kitchen knife, and in his bag were four bags of cannabis.
- 1 Primark confirms 'incident' involving baby in Romford store
- 2 Man murdered two armed teenage boys who had been chasing him, court told
- 3 Application to build eight five-bed chalet bungalows in Havering-atte-Bower
- 4 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 5 Romford sexual abuse victim feels 'truly alone' after paedophile given suspended sentence
- 6 'Increased demand' to blame for overflowing Hornchurch bins, supermarket says
- 7 Previous 15% pay cut overridden for some top Havering politicians in restructure
- 8 Plans submitted for 'new housing development' in Hornchurch
- 9 Free giveaway: Bereaved Hornchurch man to distribute new invention created while wife was terminally ill
- 10 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
He was then arrested for possession of an offensive weapon and possession of cannabis.