Teenager punched in the face in robbery on 370 bus in Upminster
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are investigating a robbery in which a teenager was punched in the face on a bus in Upminster.
Police were called at approximately 5.40pm on Monday, December 18, to reports that that five suspects had boarded a Route 370 bus on Corbets Tey Road in Upminster before threatening three teenagers who were sitting on the upper deck.
The suspects stole property including two mobile phones before getting off a short time later.
One of the victims was punched in the face during the robbery but did not require hospital treatment.
The group split in two and were last seen walking towards a church and Upminster Park.
Officers have spoken with the victims and are currently carrying out CCTV enquiries.
Officers from the Met’s Roads and Transport Policing Command are investigating.
- 1 Proposal to bulldoze Romford shops to make way for 15 homes
- 2 'A social club for the community': 90-year-old Hornchurch snooker hall to close after 'losing battle' over lease
- 3 Bid to turn Harold Wood motor shop into three-bedroom home refused by council
- 4 Plans for new Gidea Park fries and chicken takeaway rejected
- 5 Man on trial for Brentwood double murder was in 'flight mode', court hears
- 6 'I hadn’t done anything wrong’: Romford man wins five-month fight over parking fine
- 7 Coroner: Romford man's death followed 'unacceptable failure' in care
- 8 MP Julia Lopez announces resignation as minister and calls for PM to 'step aside'
- 9 Romford pair to 'bring a little bit of raving' to 'more mature' Hornchurch community
- 10 Watch: Brawl erupts on Heath Park street outside pub
There have been no arrests.