Teenager punched in the face in robbery on 370 bus in Upminster
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are investigating a robbery in which a teenager was punched in the face on a bus in Upminster.
Police were called at approximately 5.40pm on Monday, December 18, to reports that that five suspects had boarded a Route 370 bus on Corbets Tey Road in Upminster before threatening three teenagers who were sitting on the upper deck.
The suspects stole property including two mobile phones before getting off a short time later.
One of the victims was punched in the face during the robbery but did not require hospital treatment.
The group split in two and were last seen walking towards a church and Upminster Park.
Officers have spoken with the victims and are currently carrying out CCTV enquiries.
Officers from the Met’s Roads and Transport Policing Command are investigating.
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 3 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 4 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 5 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid
- 6 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 7 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
- 8 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 9 'Abused, slapped and spat at': New Romford shopping centre tells of racist abuse suffered by staff
- 10 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
There have been no arrests.