Teenager pleads not guilty to murder of much-loved Romford doorman Ricky Hayden
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has denied killing doorman Ricky Hayden, who was stabbed to death outside his home.
Tommy Lee Roome, 19, of Rams Grove, Chadwell Heath, appeared at the Old Bailey accused of murdering 27-year-old Ricky and the attempted murder of his father.
The defendant spoke only to confirm his name and enter not guilty pleas to the charges via video link from Belmarsh jail.
Ricky, who was also a Havering Council employee, was attacked outside his home in Gibbfield Close, Chadwell Heath, in the early hours of September 13, as he tried to stop the theft of a moped.
He died in the early hours of the following day.
His father, Paul, 54, was also injured in the incident.
Mr Roome was remanded in custody until his trial on March 13 next year.
- 1 Teen taken to hospital as 'priority' after being stabbed in Rainham
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications submitted or approved in Havering
- 4 'Feels like family': Romford school delights in Ofsted outcome
- 5 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 6 Up to 21m, 35,000sqm redevelopment of Rainham industrial site given green light
- 7 Man murdered two armed teenage boys who had been chasing him, court told
- 8 Collier Row pub applies to 'enhance outdoor seating experience'
- 9 Police investigate reports of disabled students' 'unexplained' injuries at college
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
The trial is scheduled to take three weeks.