Teenager pleads not guilty to murder of much-loved Romford doorman Ricky Hayden
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has denied killing doorman Ricky Hayden, who was stabbed to death outside his home.
Tommy Lee Roome, 19, of Rams Grove, Chadwell Heath, appeared at the Old Bailey accused of murdering 27-year-old Ricky and the attempted murder of his father.
The defendant spoke only to confirm his name and enter not guilty pleas to the charges via video link from Belmarsh jail.
Ricky, who was also a Havering Council employee, was attacked outside his home in Gibbfield Close, Chadwell Heath, in the early hours of September 13, as he tried to stop the theft of a moped.
He died in the early hours of the following day.
You may also want to watch:
His father, Paul, 54, was also injured in the incident.
Mr Roome was remanded in custody until his trial on March 13 next year.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 5 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 6 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 7 Cabinet to vote on proposed changes to how housing is allocated in Havering
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 10 Shaken Not Stirred: James Bond fan co-founds group and brings thousands of 007 lovers together
The trial is scheduled to take three weeks.