Teenager accused of stealing cash from own gran in Harold Hill
A teenager accused of stealing thousands of pounds from his own grandparents appeared in court last week.
Joe Barlow, 18, formerly of Reeves Close, Basildon, appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court, in Cranbrook Road, on Thursday to face charges of burglary on two occasions.
The court heard that Barlow is alleged to have stolen �1,600 in cash from the home of Linda Huggett, his paternal gran, on March 9 and again three days later when he entered the home in Kenilworth Avenue, Harold Hill, where he stole cash up to the value of �6,900.
Barlow did not enter a plea.
The case will be heard at Basildon Crown Court on May 18 due to the large amount of money involved.
You may also want to watch:
Three others under the age of 18 appeared in court alongside the defendant, who it is alleged took possession of some of the money.
The defendant will remain in custody until a temporary address can be found.
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 6 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 9 Romford man gets community order for causing pensioner's crash death
- 10 Covid-19 cases surge in Havering, latest figures reveal