Teen charged with kidnap over Elm Park abduction
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been charged with kidnap and attempted robbery after an abduction in Elm Park.
Police were called to Gray Gardens at 7.10pm on September 10 by a man who said he had witnessed the possible abduction of a teenage boy by two suspects in a silver vehicle.
A 17-year-old boy from Wiltshire has been remanded in custody to face the charges at Romford Magistrates’ Court on October 20.
The victim was not harmed during the incident.
Schools across the borough sent a letter to parents the following day informing them of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Havering CID are investigating and inquiries continue.
Anyone who witnessed this incident but has not yet come forward should call Havering CID by dialling 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 5414050/15.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 4 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly