Teen charged with kidnap over Elm Park abduction
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been charged with kidnap and attempted robbery after an abduction in Elm Park.
Police were called to Gray Gardens at 7.10pm on September 10 by a man who said he had witnessed the possible abduction of a teenage boy by two suspects in a silver vehicle.
A 17-year-old boy from Wiltshire has been remanded in custody to face the charges at Romford Magistrates’ Court on October 20.
The victim was not harmed during the incident.
Schools across the borough sent a letter to parents the following day informing them of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Havering CID are investigating and inquiries continue.
Anyone who witnessed this incident but has not yet come forward should call Havering CID by dialling 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 5414050/15.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 7 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 8 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological