Teen charged with kidnap over Elm Park abduction
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been charged with kidnap and attempted robbery after an abduction in Elm Park.
Police were called to Gray Gardens at 7.10pm on September 10 by a man who said he had witnessed the possible abduction of a teenage boy by two suspects in a silver vehicle.
A 17-year-old boy from Wiltshire has been remanded in custody to face the charges at Romford Magistrates’ Court on October 20.
The victim was not harmed during the incident.
Schools across the borough sent a letter to parents the following day informing them of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Havering CID are investigating and inquiries continue.
Anyone who witnessed this incident but has not yet come forward should call Havering CID by dialling 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 5414050/15.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 8 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 9 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says