Staff threatened in armed robbery at Upminster Building Society
Staff at a building society were threatened with a black handgun in an armed robbery over the weekend.
A large quantity of cash was stolen from The Nationwide Building Society in St Mary’s Lane, Upminster on Saturday December 3 at 9.13am.
A Christmas fayre at a school was happening at the time of the robbery and police are appealing for people who might have wintessed the offence or seen the suspect.
The suspect is described as a white male, aged approximately 25 years, 6’2” wearing dark jeans, white trainers and a black hoody with either a red or orange motif on the shoulder, threatened staff with what is believed to be a black handgun.
The officer in the case, DC Nick Pollard said: “We are particularly interested in anyone who was in the vicinity of St. Lawrence Road shortly after 9am on Saturday morning.
You may also want to watch:
“It is believed that the suspect may have escaped towards this area of Upminster.
“In addition there was a Christmas Fayre taking place at a local school and people attending this event may have witnessed either the offence or have seen the suspect.”
- 1 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 2 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 3 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 6 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 7 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
- 8 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 9 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 10 Hornchurch gym sees 'growing trend' of members post-lockdown
Anyone with information should call DC Pollard - Serious Crime Directorate on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.