Staff threatened in armed robbery at Upminster Building Society
Staff at a building society were threatened with a black handgun in an armed robbery over the weekend.
A large quantity of cash was stolen from The Nationwide Building Society in St Mary’s Lane, Upminster on Saturday December 3 at 9.13am.
A Christmas fayre at a school was happening at the time of the robbery and police are appealing for people who might have wintessed the offence or seen the suspect.
The suspect is described as a white male, aged approximately 25 years, 6’2” wearing dark jeans, white trainers and a black hoody with either a red or orange motif on the shoulder, threatened staff with what is believed to be a black handgun.
The officer in the case, DC Nick Pollard said: “We are particularly interested in anyone who was in the vicinity of St. Lawrence Road shortly after 9am on Saturday morning.
You may also want to watch:
“It is believed that the suspect may have escaped towards this area of Upminster.
“In addition there was a Christmas Fayre taking place at a local school and people attending this event may have witnessed either the offence or have seen the suspect.”
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 5 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 6 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 7 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 8 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Anyone with information should call DC Pollard - Serious Crime Directorate on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.