Staff threatened in armed robbery at Upminster Building Society
Staff at a building society were threatened with a black handgun in an armed robbery over the weekend.
A large quantity of cash was stolen from The Nationwide Building Society in St Mary’s Lane, Upminster on Saturday December 3 at 9.13am.
A Christmas fayre at a school was happening at the time of the robbery and police are appealing for people who might have wintessed the offence or seen the suspect.
The suspect is described as a white male, aged approximately 25 years, 6’2” wearing dark jeans, white trainers and a black hoody with either a red or orange motif on the shoulder, threatened staff with what is believed to be a black handgun.
The officer in the case, DC Nick Pollard said: “We are particularly interested in anyone who was in the vicinity of St. Lawrence Road shortly after 9am on Saturday morning.
You may also want to watch:
“It is believed that the suspect may have escaped towards this area of Upminster.
“In addition there was a Christmas Fayre taking place at a local school and people attending this event may have witnessed either the offence or have seen the suspect.”
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 7 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Havering South is one of the best vaccination teams in the country
- 10 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
Anyone with information should call DC Pollard - Serious Crime Directorate on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.