Staff threatened in armed robbery at Upminster Building Society
Staff at a building society were threatened with a black handgun in an armed robbery over the weekend.
A large quantity of cash was stolen from The Nationwide Building Society in St Mary’s Lane, Upminster on Saturday December 3 at 9.13am.
A Christmas fayre at a school was happening at the time of the robbery and police are appealing for people who might have wintessed the offence or seen the suspect.
The suspect is described as a white male, aged approximately 25 years, 6’2” wearing dark jeans, white trainers and a black hoody with either a red or orange motif on the shoulder, threatened staff with what is believed to be a black handgun.
The officer in the case, DC Nick Pollard said: “We are particularly interested in anyone who was in the vicinity of St. Lawrence Road shortly after 9am on Saturday morning.
You may also want to watch:
“It is believed that the suspect may have escaped towards this area of Upminster.
“In addition there was a Christmas Fayre taking place at a local school and people attending this event may have witnessed either the offence or have seen the suspect.”
- 1 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 2 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 5 Pressure on to preserve Upminster trees as council receives almost 200 messages
- 6 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 7 Appeal to identify bogus meter reader suspect
- 8 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
Anyone with information should call DC Pollard - Serious Crime Directorate on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.