'There was blood everywhere': Man in twenties stabbed in Collier Row
- Credit: Leah Snowden-Fackerell
Neighbours helped a man after he was stabbed in Collier Row last night.
Police were called at 7pm on January 3 to reports of a man assaulted in a residential area in Hillrise Road.
Neighbour Leah Snowden-Fackerell said on hearing screams, her family went to investigate.
"We saw two men running from the scene, a young man was screaming: 'Help they are going to kill me!' There was blood everywhere.
"My mum's boyfriend opened our front door as we could hear screaming for help. He saw the young man on the floor with the two men on top of him. As soon as we opened the door, two men stopped and ran off into cars."
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to the North Romford Community Centre in Clockhouse Lane where he was met with police and an ambulance crew.
Police confirmed that the man, in his twenties, was taken to an east London hospital with stab injuries to his head and hand and they await an update on his condition.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
Officers are working to establish the circumstances of the incident. No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting reference 5217/03Jan.