South Woodford man charged with murder of Hornchurch pensioner Rosemary Shearman remanded in custody until November
- Credit: Archant
The former prosecution case worker accused of killing a Hornchurch pensioner in her own home has been remanded in custody until November.
Thomas Blazquez, 50, is charged with the murder of 77-year-old Rosemary Shearman, whose body was discovered by police at her home in Platford Green on Tuesday last week.
Blazquez, of Onslow Gardens, South Woodford, appeared at Southwark Crown Court this morning for a preliminary hearing.
He was told he would be back before the court on November 27. He has not yet entered a plea.
Police have renewed their appeal for witnesses after a post mortem concluded Rosemary’s death was caused by asphyxiation.
You may also want to watch:
DCI Noel McHugh, who is leading the investigation, said: “We are seeking further information about Rosemary’s movements during the morning of Tuesday, September 3, particularly between 8.30 and 11.00.
“She was due to leave on holiday that morning, having booked a 10-day cruise in Norway, but was found dead at home shortly before 12.30pm.
- 1 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 2 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 5 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 6 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
- 7 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 8 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 9 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 10 Pressure on to preserve Upminster trees as council receives almost 200 messages
“Did you see her out and about that morning?
“Also I am continuing to ask for anyone who saw a man described as white, 6ft 2ins tall, of heavy build but not muscular, wearing a dark, pin-stripe suit.
“He was carrying a white plastic bag.
“Did he knock at your door that morning? Or did you see him in and around the area of Platford Green, Tyle Green and Wingletyle Lane?
“If you do know anything then please get in touch with us.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 7321 7228, or phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.