Daniel Laskos: Sixth teenager charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Harold Wood
- Credit: Met Police
A sixth teenager has been charged with murder following the fatal stabbing of Daniel Laskos.
Daniel was stabbed in Church Road, Harold Wood, on Friday, May 7.
Officers found the 16-year-old with a single stab injury and despite the efforts of the emergency services, he was pronounced dead at the scene at just after 7pm.
A 17-year-old boy - arrested on May 20 - was charged with the offence and appeared at Barkingside Magistrates' Court the following day (May 21).
He appeared at the Old Bailey on Tuesday (May 25) and was remanded in custody to appear before the same court on July 30, alongside five other males charged with the same offence.
Joshua Kerr, 18, and Callum Hands, 19, both from Romford - as well as a 15-year-old boy - were charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon on May 12.
You may also want to watch:
All three appeared at Barkingside Magistrates' Court on the same day where they were remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on May 14.
Rakeem Green-Matthews, 18, of Romford, appeared in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on May 19 charged with murder.
- 1 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 2 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 3 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 4 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 5 'Stay strong': West Ham footballers send messages to fan with cancer
- 6 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 7 Hornchurch bell ringers to celebrate 200 years of chiming invention
- 8 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 9 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 10 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
Loushawn Barnes, 18, and also of Romford, appeared at the same court on May 20 charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon.
Three other males arrested in connection with the incident have been released on bail.
The first, a 16-year-old boy, was arrested on May 7 on suspicion of affray.
The second, an 18-year-old man, was arrested on May 10 on suspicion of murder.
And the third, a 24-year-old man, was arrested on May 11 on suspicion of murder.
Detectives are still appealing for anyone with information to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111.