Weapons and drugs seized after alleged group fight in Marks Gate
- Credit: Met Police
Weapons and drugs were seized and a group of youths arrested after an alleged fight in Marks Gate.
Police were called to reports of people fighting with weapons in Uplands Road about 8.15pm on Saturday, July 10.
A group ran off as police arrived. Three youths were arrested following the alleged incident, with police recovering items including machetes, cannabis, balaclavas and a bottle of a substance believed to be acid.
Another three youths were arrested following later enquiries.
All of the people arrested were males aged between 16 and 20.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Josh Ranghel of the Met’s East Area basic command unit said: “The police officers responding to this incident were mindful of the reports of weapons being used and were determined to act to take those weapons off our streets."
He said bringing violence onto the streets of east London "will not be tolerated, and my colleagues and I are doing all that we can to stop this offending and reduce the unacceptable level of violence".
- 1 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 2 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 3 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 4 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 5 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 6 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 7 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’