Weapons and drugs seized after alleged group fight in Marks Gate
- Credit: Met Police
Weapons and drugs were seized and a group of youths arrested after an alleged fight in Marks Gate.
Police were called to reports of people fighting with weapons in Uplands Road about 8.15pm on Saturday, July 10.
A group ran off as police arrived. Three youths were arrested following the alleged incident, with police recovering items including machetes, cannabis, balaclavas and a bottle of a substance believed to be acid.
Another three youths were arrested following later enquiries.
All of the people arrested were males aged between 16 and 20.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Josh Ranghel of the Met’s East Area basic command unit said: “The police officers responding to this incident were mindful of the reports of weapons being used and were determined to act to take those weapons off our streets."
He said bringing violence onto the streets of east London "will not be tolerated, and my colleagues and I are doing all that we can to stop this offending and reduce the unacceptable level of violence".
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 6 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 7 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 8 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?