Sharmake Mohamud murder: Six arrested in raids over north London shooting
- Credit: Met Police
Three teenagers and two men have been arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder in dawn raids across north and east London.
Police carried out warrants this morning (November 18) to arrest a boy aged 14, two 16-year-olds, a 21-year-old and a 24-year-old over a shooting in Green Lanes last month.
A sixth man aged 24 was arrested this afternoon on suspicion of murder and attempted murder.
Newham man Sharmake Mohamud, 22, was shot close to the junction with West Green Road just before 10.30pm on September 21, and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two other men – aged in their 20s and 30s – were also shot but have now been discharged from hospital.
The five arrested today have been taken to north London police stations where they remain in custody.
Four men aged in their early 20s, who were arrested on suspicion of murder on September 22, have all now been released by police with no further action.
Ali Cessay, 28, of no fixed address, has been charged with murder, two counts of attempted murder and possession of a prohibited weapon.
He appeared at the Old Bailey on November 1 and will next appear at the same court on January 17, 2022.
- 1 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 2 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 3 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 4 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 5 Pupils explore great outdoors at primary's 'forest school'
- 6 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 7 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 10 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century