Six arrested as police seize £80k cash and gold ingot worth £40k in Collier Row raid
- Credit: Archant
Police seized £80,000 in cash and a 1.5kg gold bar worth £40,000 this morning during a dawn raid.
Eight officers from Havering’s North Cluster Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT), assisted by a specially trained drug and cash dog, discovered £50,000 hidden in a safe hidden beneath floorboards at an address in Highfield Road, Collier Row - and a further £30,000 in other areas of the premises.
The gold ingot and a small quantity of cannabis were also discovered during the search, which was led by Sergeant Chris Toms on the back of community intelligence.
Six people, three men and three women, aged 24-53 were arrested at the scene on suspicion of money laundering offences and taken to an east London police station.
Police Constable Jordan Pascel, said: “We have made a very significant discovery today. The amount of cash and other items seized were significant and I am confident that we have reduced crime in our neighbourhood as a result of our actions.”
You may also want to watch:
The NPT were assisted by Territorial Support Group officers during the 5.30am raid, and a number of computers were also seized.
Officers had applied for and were granted the warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971. NPT teams across the borough execute raids on a weekly basis.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 4 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 5 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 9 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57