SHOOTING UPDATE: Gunman ‘hid in residential road’ in Romford
A renegade gunman may have lain in wait for rescue by his gang in a residential road in Romford, Havering Police said, following the shooting outside a town centre nightspot early on Friday.
The man, who fired three rounds into a 26-year-old clubber outside Envy, in Exchange Street, following an earlier row between rival groups - is thought to have fled through the town centre and into Mawney Road.
It is believed the suspect, a white man wearing a grey hooded top, black trousers and black trainers, was then picked up by a silver Ford Fiesta – the same vehicle used to drop the handgun at the scene.
Police say the two groups involved had a ruckus in the area last Monday (May 9).
A spokesman for Havering Police said: “We are appealing to witnesses at the scene, but also to anyone who saw either the suspect or the car in or around Mawney Road at around 3am.”
You may also want to watch:
The gunman ran from the scene into Arcade Way, down South Street and into Brewery Way, before scarpering through the old Brewery entrance into High Street and then into Mawney Road.
The victim, from Dagenham, is in a stable condition in an east London hospital.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 7 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 8 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 9 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array