Shenfield station shooting victim named as stockbroker Robin Clark
- Credit: Archant
The City banker reportedly shot down by a balaclava-wearing gunman as he went to catch his morning train from Shenfield Station has been locally named as Robin Clark.
At 5.45am Mr Clark, 44, was shot in the thigh as he got out of his car in the station car park. The attacker then fled in an identified vehicle.
Mr Clark, who is employed by City of London brokerage firm RP Martin, was taken to Basildon Hospital with severe leg injuries.
Det Supt Gary Richardson, leading the investigation, said: “At this stage we believe the victim of this assault was deliberately targeted. We do not believe this incident was gang-related and I would like to reassure the public that there is no reason for any undue concern.
“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances, including the motive behind the attack.”
You may also want to watch:
At this stage of the investigation, police cannot confirm the vehicle or weapon used.
The police have begun a hunt for the attacker and the vehicle,
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 4 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 5 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 6 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 7 Men fined following New Year's Eve rave in Brentwood
- 8 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 9 'My girls aren't sleeping': Harold Hill family searching for Pog the dog
- 10 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
Officers from both the British Transport Police (BTP) and Essex Police attended the station.
Anyone with any information which they believe could assist the investigation is asked to contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting incident reference 48 of 24/01/14