Shenfield family racially abused on train
- Credit: Archant
Police want to speak to two men after a family was subject to racist abuse on a train.
The family from Shenfield were verbally abused and had takeaway food thrust at them after they boarded a train on Sunday December 7.
A husband, wife and three children were intimidated by a group of young men during the incident, which took place on the 12.18am London Liverpool Street to Colchester service.
The family, who were enjoying a day out in the capital, then got off the train at Shenfield while the group of men stayed on the service towards Chelmsford and Colchester.
Det Con Sally Everritt said: “It was one of the last trains back from London to Essex that night, and it was very busy.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “Many other passengers would have witnessed what happened, and I am keen to speak to anyone who has not yet come forward to police.”
Anyone with information should call British Transport Police (BTP) on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference B9/ESUB of 05/01/2015.
- 1 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 2 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 3 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 6 Sewage floods home of family with one-day-old newborn after heavy rain
- 7 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Drains in area repeatedly flooded to be next inspected during bad weather
- 10 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
Information can also be passed anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.