Security guard punched repeatedly while working in Collier Row shop
- Credit: Archant
A security guard was punched repeatedly after he approached a couple leaving the Collier Row store he works in.
Today police have released images of three people they wish to speak to in connection with the assault.
A disturbance broke out when the security guard approached a man and a woman as they exited the Tesco Express store, in Marlborough Road, Collier Row, on May 28 just before 9pm.
The pair shouted abuse at the guard and the man pushed him up against the glass door. A second man joined in and kicked the door with enough force for it to crack.
The first man then punched the security guard several times. The guard also received cuts to his hand.
You may also want to watch:
Police wish to talk to two men and one woman in connection with the attack.
The woman is described as 5ft 8in tall, in her thirties, and has should length black hair.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 9 Schools say lack of funding means they can't carry out mass Covid testing
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
Both males are described as European-looking and are around 5ft 10in tall with short black hair.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or can identify these people should call Romford Police’s Community Safety Unit on 01708 779 110 quoting 5407942/14 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.