Security guard punched repeatedly while working in Collier Row shop
- Credit: Archant
A security guard was punched repeatedly after he approached a couple leaving the Collier Row store he works in.
Today police have released images of three people they wish to speak to in connection with the assault.
A disturbance broke out when the security guard approached a man and a woman as they exited the Tesco Express store, in Marlborough Road, Collier Row, on May 28 just before 9pm.
The pair shouted abuse at the guard and the man pushed him up against the glass door. A second man joined in and kicked the door with enough force for it to crack.
The first man then punched the security guard several times. The guard also received cuts to his hand.
You may also want to watch:
Police wish to talk to two men and one woman in connection with the attack.
The woman is described as 5ft 8in tall, in her thirties, and has should length black hair.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 4 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 5 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 6 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 7 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 8 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 9 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 10 Charity's 10 years of teaching safe travel to vulnerable young people
Both males are described as European-looking and are around 5ft 10in tall with short black hair.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or can identify these people should call Romford Police’s Community Safety Unit on 01708 779 110 quoting 5407942/14 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.