Security guard punched repeatedly while working in Collier Row shop
- Credit: Archant
A security guard was punched repeatedly after he approached a couple leaving the Collier Row store he works in.
Today police have released images of three people they wish to speak to in connection with the assault.
A disturbance broke out when the security guard approached a man and a woman as they exited the Tesco Express store, in Marlborough Road, Collier Row, on May 28 just before 9pm.
The pair shouted abuse at the guard and the man pushed him up against the glass door. A second man joined in and kicked the door with enough force for it to crack.
The first man then punched the security guard several times. The guard also received cuts to his hand.
You may also want to watch:
Police wish to talk to two men and one woman in connection with the attack.
The woman is described as 5ft 8in tall, in her thirties, and has should length black hair.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
Both males are described as European-looking and are around 5ft 10in tall with short black hair.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or can identify these people should call Romford Police’s Community Safety Unit on 01708 779 110 quoting 5407942/14 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.