Scrooges steal model Santa and snowman from Elm Park
- Credit: Archant
An angry councillor has hit out at scrooges who stole a model Santa and snowman from outside Elm Park station.
The festive ornaments were donated by residents for the area’s Christmas lights switch on last month, and were chained and padlocked to a metal fence.
They are believed to have been stolen some time on December 13 and Elm Park’s Cllr Stephanie Nunn said it was very upsetting.
“It’s such a shame, they gave pleasure to all,” she said, adding: “It is unfortunate that a few selfish idiots spoil the pleasure of many.”
Police say CCTV was not pointing in the right direction to catch the thieves.
You may also want to watch:
Have you seen the models or do you know where they are? Call the Recorder on 020 8477 3810 or police on 101.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man injured after assault reported at Gallows Corner supermarket
- 3 'Poor living standard': Plans for Harold Hill HMO blocked amid multiple concerns
- 4 Traffic building at petrol hotspots amid ongoing clamour for fuel
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 7 Collier Row Roundabout set for resurfacing works
- 8 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 9 Award-winning Kushi restaurant sets up initiative to help fundraisers
- 10 West Ham's Jack Sullivan signs on as Saint Francis Hospice ambassador