Scrooges steal model Santa and snowman from Elm Park
- Credit: Archant
An angry councillor has hit out at scrooges who stole a model Santa and snowman from outside Elm Park station.
The festive ornaments were donated by residents for the area’s Christmas lights switch on last month, and were chained and padlocked to a metal fence.
They are believed to have been stolen some time on December 13 and Elm Park’s Cllr Stephanie Nunn said it was very upsetting.
“It’s such a shame, they gave pleasure to all,” she said, adding: “It is unfortunate that a few selfish idiots spoil the pleasure of many.”
Police say CCTV was not pointing in the right direction to catch the thieves.
You may also want to watch:
Have you seen the models or do you know where they are? Call the Recorder on 020 8477 3810 or police on 101.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster