Romford woman charged with assaulting police officer at V Festival
A 32-year-old Romford woman has been charged with two counts of assaulting a police officer at the V Festival at the weekend.
She is one of five people who were arrested for assaulting officers at the Chelmsford festival.
The event saw 90,000 people converge on Hylands Park to see acts like Eminem and Rihanna.
The unnamed Romford woman was bailed to appear before magistrates in Chelmsford on September 14.
Essex Police said the festival was a “safe event”.
You may also want to watch:
Supt Steve Johnson added: “Unfortunately there will always be a small number of people who come to the festival for the wrong reasons and we worked covertly and overtly to stop them in their tracks.”
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 4 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 5 'Hugely destructive': Action group slams proposed Lower Thames Crossing
- 6 Romford Junior Raiders sign forward James Hounsome
- 7 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 8 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 9 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 10 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood