Romford woman charged with assaulting police officer at V Festival
A 32-year-old Romford woman has been charged with two counts of assaulting a police officer at the V Festival at the weekend.
She is one of five people who were arrested for assaulting officers at the Chelmsford festival.
The event saw 90,000 people converge on Hylands Park to see acts like Eminem and Rihanna.
The unnamed Romford woman was bailed to appear before magistrates in Chelmsford on September 14.
Essex Police said the festival was a “safe event”.
You may also want to watch:
Supt Steve Johnson added: “Unfortunately there will always be a small number of people who come to the festival for the wrong reasons and we worked covertly and overtly to stop them in their tracks.”
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 7 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 8 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 Police uncover Rainham chop shop with vehicles worth up to £100,000