Romford woman charged with assaulting police officer at V Festival
A 32-year-old Romford woman has been charged with two counts of assaulting a police officer at the V Festival at the weekend.
She is one of five people who were arrested for assaulting officers at the Chelmsford festival.
The event saw 90,000 people converge on Hylands Park to see acts like Eminem and Rihanna.
The unnamed Romford woman was bailed to appear before magistrates in Chelmsford on September 14.
Essex Police said the festival was a “safe event”.
You may also want to watch:
Supt Steve Johnson added: “Unfortunately there will always be a small number of people who come to the festival for the wrong reasons and we worked covertly and overtly to stop them in their tracks.”
- 1 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 2 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 3 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 4 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 7 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
- 8 Brookside Theatre appeals for help repairing windows
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police