Romford town centre killing: Man is remanded in custody
- Credit: Archant
A man appeared in court today charged with killing another man found dying outside a town centre pub.
Sean Michael Boggans, 29, of Ongar Road, Brentvvood, is charged with the unlawful killing of Shaun McDermott, who died on Monday morning.
Mr McDermott, 44, of Benhurst Avenue, Elm Park, died from injuries allegedly sustained in an incident outside the Havering Oak pub, South Street, Romford, in the early hours of Sunday.
Boggans, an estate agent, appeared at Barkingside Court in Redbridge.
Magistrates refused his application for bail and remanded him in custody to stand trial for manslaughter.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear at the Old Bailey on April 15.
Reactions to death
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 6 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 Romford man gets community order for causing pensioner's crash death
- 9 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 10 Covid-19 cases surge in Havering, latest figures reveal
-There was shock in both Romford and Elm Park following Mr McDermott’s death.
James Sullivan, a neighbour of Mr McDermott, said: “It’s a big shock, he was a really nice fella.
“I didn’t know him that well but he was a good neighbour, I had a lot of respect for him.”
An Artesian Close resident, near to the pub where the incident is alleged to have taken place, said on Wednesday: “It’s so tragic. I can’t talk about it anymore or I think I’ll start to cry.”
A pub spokesman said that it was closed at the time and is assisting police with their enquiries.