Romford town centre killing: Man is remanded in custody
- Credit: Archant
A man appeared in court today charged with killing another man found dying outside a town centre pub.
Sean Michael Boggans, 29, of Ongar Road, Brentvvood, is charged with the unlawful killing of Shaun McDermott, who died on Monday morning.
Mr McDermott, 44, of Benhurst Avenue, Elm Park, died from injuries allegedly sustained in an incident outside the Havering Oak pub, South Street, Romford, in the early hours of Sunday.
Boggans, an estate agent, appeared at Barkingside Court in Redbridge.
Magistrates refused his application for bail and remanded him in custody to stand trial for manslaughter.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear at the Old Bailey on April 15.
Reactions to death
- 1 Male injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 3 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 6 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
-There was shock in both Romford and Elm Park following Mr McDermott’s death.
James Sullivan, a neighbour of Mr McDermott, said: “It’s a big shock, he was a really nice fella.
“I didn’t know him that well but he was a good neighbour, I had a lot of respect for him.”
An Artesian Close resident, near to the pub where the incident is alleged to have taken place, said on Wednesday: “It’s so tragic. I can’t talk about it anymore or I think I’ll start to cry.”
A pub spokesman said that it was closed at the time and is assisting police with their enquiries.