Romford town centre killing: Man is remanded in custody
- Credit: Archant
A man appeared in court today charged with killing another man found dying outside a town centre pub.
Sean Michael Boggans, 29, of Ongar Road, Brentvvood, is charged with the unlawful killing of Shaun McDermott, who died on Monday morning.
Mr McDermott, 44, of Benhurst Avenue, Elm Park, died from injuries allegedly sustained in an incident outside the Havering Oak pub, South Street, Romford, in the early hours of Sunday.
Boggans, an estate agent, appeared at Barkingside Court in Redbridge.
Magistrates refused his application for bail and remanded him in custody to stand trial for manslaughter.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear at the Old Bailey on April 15.
Reactions to death
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
-There was shock in both Romford and Elm Park following Mr McDermott’s death.
James Sullivan, a neighbour of Mr McDermott, said: “It’s a big shock, he was a really nice fella.
“I didn’t know him that well but he was a good neighbour, I had a lot of respect for him.”
An Artesian Close resident, near to the pub where the incident is alleged to have taken place, said on Wednesday: “It’s so tragic. I can’t talk about it anymore or I think I’ll start to cry.”
A pub spokesman said that it was closed at the time and is assisting police with their enquiries.