Romford tops national MoT pass rates
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
MoT pass rates are higher in Romford than anywhere else in the country, new statistics have revealed.
The latest analysis of 24.5million records was carried out by motoring website honestjohn.co.uk, who have compiled a list of the top and bottom ten regions by postcode for pass rates.
Romford came out on top with a 71 per cent success rate, with English manufacturers Bentley (7.1pc failure rate) and Triumph (11.4pc) leading the way for pass rates.
London and the south east have the highest pass rates, while six out of the bottom ten regions are located in the north of England and Scotland. Dundee was bottom of the table.
The analysis also showed a victory for the UK as a whole, revealing that British-built cars have the highest first time MoT pass rates in the country.
You may also want to watch:
The research involved examining tens of millions of records obtained from the Vehicle Operator and Services Agency (VOSA) through the Government’s OpenData scheme.
The RM postcode also topped the polls two years ago.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster