Romford tops national MoT pass rates
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
MoT pass rates are higher in Romford than anywhere else in the country, new statistics have revealed.
The latest analysis of 24.5million records was carried out by motoring website honestjohn.co.uk, who have compiled a list of the top and bottom ten regions by postcode for pass rates.
Romford came out on top with a 71 per cent success rate, with English manufacturers Bentley (7.1pc failure rate) and Triumph (11.4pc) leading the way for pass rates.
London and the south east have the highest pass rates, while six out of the bottom ten regions are located in the north of England and Scotland. Dundee was bottom of the table.
The analysis also showed a victory for the UK as a whole, revealing that British-built cars have the highest first time MoT pass rates in the country.
You may also want to watch:
The research involved examining tens of millions of records obtained from the Vehicle Operator and Services Agency (VOSA) through the Government’s OpenData scheme.
The RM postcode also topped the polls two years ago.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 4 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood