Romford tops national MoT pass rates
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
MoT pass rates are higher in Romford than anywhere else in the country, new statistics have revealed.
The latest analysis of 24.5million records was carried out by motoring website honestjohn.co.uk, who have compiled a list of the top and bottom ten regions by postcode for pass rates.
Romford came out on top with a 71 per cent success rate, with English manufacturers Bentley (7.1pc failure rate) and Triumph (11.4pc) leading the way for pass rates.
London and the south east have the highest pass rates, while six out of the bottom ten regions are located in the north of England and Scotland. Dundee was bottom of the table.
The analysis also showed a victory for the UK as a whole, revealing that British-built cars have the highest first time MoT pass rates in the country.
You may also want to watch:
The research involved examining tens of millions of records obtained from the Vehicle Operator and Services Agency (VOSA) through the Government’s OpenData scheme.
The RM postcode also topped the polls two years ago.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage