Romford tops national MoT pass rates
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
MoT pass rates are higher in Romford than anywhere else in the country, new statistics have revealed.
The latest analysis of 24.5million records was carried out by motoring website honestjohn.co.uk, who have compiled a list of the top and bottom ten regions by postcode for pass rates.
Romford came out on top with a 71 per cent success rate, with English manufacturers Bentley (7.1pc failure rate) and Triumph (11.4pc) leading the way for pass rates.
London and the south east have the highest pass rates, while six out of the bottom ten regions are located in the north of England and Scotland. Dundee was bottom of the table.
The analysis also showed a victory for the UK as a whole, revealing that British-built cars have the highest first time MoT pass rates in the country.
The research involved examining tens of millions of records obtained from the Vehicle Operator and Services Agency (VOSA) through the Government’s OpenData scheme.
The RM postcode also topped the polls two years ago.
- 1 Proposal to bulldoze Romford shops to make way for 15 homes
- 2 'A social club for the community': 90-year-old Hornchurch snooker hall to close after 'losing battle' over lease
- 3 Bid to turn Harold Wood motor shop into three-bedroom home refused by council
- 4 Plans for new Gidea Park fries and chicken takeaway rejected
- 5 Man on trial for Brentwood double murder was in 'flight mode', court hears
- 6 'I hadn’t done anything wrong’: Romford man wins five-month fight over parking fine
- 7 MP Julia Lopez announces resignation as minister and calls for PM to 'step aside'
- 8 Romford pair to 'bring a little bit of raving' to 'more mature' Hornchurch community
- 9 Coroner: Romford man's death followed 'unacceptable failure' in care
- 10 Man arrested after allegedly begging while armed with hammer