Romford Tesco marks reopening with charity donation
- Credit: Archant
Tesco has celebrated the opening of its new look store in Romford by making a £500 donation to St Francis Hospice.
Lynda Head, corporate and community fund-raising manager at Saint Francis Hospice, joined Store Manager, Darren Earl and his team to cut the ribbon at the re-launch of the store.
She said: “I would like to thank Tesco for this for this generous donation. We will use to it to carry on the care we provide to the local community.
“I have really enjoyed the re-launch today meeting Darren and his team and getting a tour around the new departments.”
The refurbishment of the Tesco store has seen the creation of a modern shopping environment. Services have expanded to include a new pizza counter, F+F boutique, phone shop and opticians.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says