Romford teenager arrested after car chase down the A12 in Brentwood
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old from Romford has been arrested after a high speed chase down the A12 in Brentwood early this morning ended with a footchase involving a police helicopter and dog unit.
Officers from Essex Police, acting on intelligence, signalled a Nissan Micra to pull over on Ongar Road at around 12.55am. It failed to stop and pursuit was then authorised.
A stinger was used but the car then started driving down the A12 in the opposite direction before the four occupants decamped.
Officers slowed oncoming traffic before calling in a helicopter and a police dog, which located the occupants at 1.50am.
A 19-year-old man from Romford and two 16-year-old boys from Dagenham were arrested on suspicion of burglary, possession of drugs and failing to stop for police.
The man and one of the boys currently remains in custody for questioning.
The other boy has been released under investigation.
- 1 Man stabbed in head in reported Hornchurch robbery
- 2 Nude cycle ride supporting cyclists' safety and body positivity to come to Romford
- 3 Jailed: Woman raped by two men in 'depraved' set-up
- 4 Local election 2022: HRA and Labour form new Havering administration
- 5 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 6 'Transformational’: What is the Elizabeth line and what does it mean for Havering?
- 7 Met Police reportedly 'scrutinising CCTV' in Havering electoral fraud investigation
- 8 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
- 9 'Redundant’ Hornchurch office space being eyed for new one-bedroom home
- 10 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
A 17-year-old boy from Clacton was arrested on suspicion of failing to stop and burglary and currently remains in custody for questioning.