Romford teenager arrested after car chase down the A12 in Brentwood
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old from Romford has been arrested after a high speed chase down the A12 in Brentwood early this morning ended with a footchase involving a police helicopter and dog unit.
Officers from Essex Police, acting on intelligence, signalled a Nissan Micra to pull over on Ongar Road at around 12.55am. It failed to stop and pursuit was then authorised.
A stinger was used but the car then started driving down the A12 in the opposite direction before the four occupants decamped.
Officers slowed oncoming traffic before calling in a helicopter and a police dog, which located the occupants at 1.50am.
A 19-year-old man from Romford and two 16-year-old boys from Dagenham were arrested on suspicion of burglary, possession of drugs and failing to stop for police.
You may also want to watch:
The man and one of the boys currently remains in custody for questioning.
The other boy has been released under investigation.
- 1 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 2 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 5 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 6 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 7 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 8 Woman 'repulsed and sick' after finding bug in Lidl yoghurt
- 9 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
A 17-year-old boy from Clacton was arrested on suspicion of failing to stop and burglary and currently remains in custody for questioning.