Romford teenager arrested after car chase down the A12 in Brentwood
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old from Romford has been arrested after a high speed chase down the A12 in Brentwood early this morning ended with a footchase involving a police helicopter and dog unit.
Officers from Essex Police, acting on intelligence, signalled a Nissan Micra to pull over on Ongar Road at around 12.55am. It failed to stop and pursuit was then authorised.
A stinger was used but the car then started driving down the A12 in the opposite direction before the four occupants decamped.
Officers slowed oncoming traffic before calling in a helicopter and a police dog, which located the occupants at 1.50am.
A 19-year-old man from Romford and two 16-year-old boys from Dagenham were arrested on suspicion of burglary, possession of drugs and failing to stop for police.
You may also want to watch:
The man and one of the boys currently remains in custody for questioning.
The other boy has been released under investigation.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 4 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 5 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 8 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years
A 17-year-old boy from Clacton was arrested on suspicion of failing to stop and burglary and currently remains in custody for questioning.