Romford teenager arrested after car chase down the A12 in Brentwood
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old from Romford has been arrested after a high speed chase down the A12 in Brentwood early this morning ended with a footchase involving a police helicopter and dog unit.
Officers from Essex Police, acting on intelligence, signalled a Nissan Micra to pull over on Ongar Road at around 12.55am. It failed to stop and pursuit was then authorised.
A stinger was used but the car then started driving down the A12 in the opposite direction before the four occupants decamped.
Officers slowed oncoming traffic before calling in a helicopter and a police dog, which located the occupants at 1.50am.
A 19-year-old man from Romford and two 16-year-old boys from Dagenham were arrested on suspicion of burglary, possession of drugs and failing to stop for police.
You may also want to watch:
The man and one of the boys currently remains in custody for questioning.
The other boy has been released under investigation.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 6 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
A 17-year-old boy from Clacton was arrested on suspicion of failing to stop and burglary and currently remains in custody for questioning.