Romford pupil found with knife in schoolbag
An 11-year-old boy was found in school with a knife in his bag.
The boy, who attends Marshalls Park School, in Petits Lane, Romford, was at school when it is understood that he mentioned that he had a knife in his bag to another pupil.
A teacher overheard and searched his bag.
A Havering Council spokesman said: “There was an isolated incident which was dealt with immediately.
“The appropriate disciplinary procedures were in place to deal with the pupil involved.”
You may also want to watch:
Romford Safer Neighbourhood Team was told about the incident by the school.
A police spokeswoman confirmed officers were asked for advice and the school was dealing with the incident internally.
- 1 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 2 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 3 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 4 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 5 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 6 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 7 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 8 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months