Romford pupil found with knife in schoolbag
An 11-year-old boy was found in school with a knife in his bag.
The boy, who attends Marshalls Park School, in Petits Lane, Romford, was at school when it is understood that he mentioned that he had a knife in his bag to another pupil.
A teacher overheard and searched his bag.
A Havering Council spokesman said: “There was an isolated incident which was dealt with immediately.
“The appropriate disciplinary procedures were in place to deal with the pupil involved.”
You may also want to watch:
Romford Safer Neighbourhood Team was told about the incident by the school.
A police spokeswoman confirmed officers were asked for advice and the school was dealing with the incident internally.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 7 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 8 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 9 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 10 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused