Romford Pictures: Romford and Gidea Park Rugby Club dog show
- Credit: Archant
A competition to find the prettiest, cleverest and even scruffiest dogs took place at the weekend.
Romford and Gidea Park Rugby Club, based in Crow Lane, Romford held its annual show, featuring classic cars, prized pooches and face painting, among other activities.
The main event of the show saw the four-legged friends take centre stage, competing in a number of categories before each winner faced off in a grand final.
Reggie, a Staffordshire bull terrier was eventually awarded “besst dog” in the final, much to the delight of his owner Charlie.
But there was a serious side to the fun and games - the event raised money for the children’s wards at King Geroge’s and Queen’s Hospitals, in Ilford and Romford.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 2 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 3 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 8 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 9 Could you be former Brentwood man's long lost relative?
- 10 Cycle relay through Romford supporting Help for Heroes