Romford Pictures: Romford and Gidea Park Rugby Club dog show
- Credit: Archant
A competition to find the prettiest, cleverest and even scruffiest dogs took place at the weekend.
Romford and Gidea Park Rugby Club, based in Crow Lane, Romford held its annual show, featuring classic cars, prized pooches and face painting, among other activities.
The main event of the show saw the four-legged friends take centre stage, competing in a number of categories before each winner faced off in a grand final.
Reggie, a Staffordshire bull terrier was eventually awarded “besst dog” in the final, much to the delight of his owner Charlie.
But there was a serious side to the fun and games - the event raised money for the children’s wards at King Geroge’s and Queen’s Hospitals, in Ilford and Romford.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 2 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 5 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 6 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
- 7 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 8 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 9 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 10 Pressure on to preserve Upminster trees as council receives almost 200 messages