Romford Pictures: Romford and Gidea Park Rugby Club dog show
- Credit: Archant
A competition to find the prettiest, cleverest and even scruffiest dogs took place at the weekend.
Romford and Gidea Park Rugby Club, based in Crow Lane, Romford held its annual show, featuring classic cars, prized pooches and face painting, among other activities.
The main event of the show saw the four-legged friends take centre stage, competing in a number of categories before each winner faced off in a grand final.
Reggie, a Staffordshire bull terrier was eventually awarded “besst dog” in the final, much to the delight of his owner Charlie.
But there was a serious side to the fun and games - the event raised money for the children’s wards at King Geroge’s and Queen’s Hospitals, in Ilford and Romford.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 9 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood