Romford Pictures: Romford and Gidea Park Rugby Club dog show
- Credit: Archant
A competition to find the prettiest, cleverest and even scruffiest dogs took place at the weekend.
Romford and Gidea Park Rugby Club, based in Crow Lane, Romford held its annual show, featuring classic cars, prized pooches and face painting, among other activities.
The main event of the show saw the four-legged friends take centre stage, competing in a number of categories before each winner faced off in a grand final.
Reggie, a Staffordshire bull terrier was eventually awarded “besst dog” in the final, much to the delight of his owner Charlie.
But there was a serious side to the fun and games - the event raised money for the children’s wards at King Geroge’s and Queen’s Hospitals, in Ilford and Romford.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 8 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 9 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 10 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week