Romford most wanted fugitive arrested in Spain
- Credit: NCA
A suspected drug trafficker who featured on the UK’s most wanted fugitive list has been arrested at his luxury villa in Spain.
Paul Monk, 54, from Romford, was captured on Tuesday morning as part of Operation Captura, an international multi-agency campaign targeting suspects who have fled the country.
He was overseeing workmen laying a marble patio around his swimming pool in Alicante when officers from the National Crime Agency (NCA) and the Spanish Guardia Civil swooped.
He is wanted on suspicion of conspiracy to supply cocaine and conspiracy to supply cannabis and is currently in custody awaiting extradition proceedings.
An imitation firearm with silencer and 125,000 Euros were recovered from the villa.
You may also want to watch:
The next day, another most wanted suspect, Jayson McDonald, from Acton, was arrested as part of a joint investigation with Dutch authorities.
He was found hiding under a bed in an Amsterdan apartment.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 9 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
The arrests come less than a month after Operation Captura published its most wanted list. A total of 68 out of 86 fugitives on the list have now been caught.