Romford most wanted fugitive arrested in Spain
- Credit: NCA
A suspected drug trafficker who featured on the UK’s most wanted fugitive list has been arrested at his luxury villa in Spain.
Paul Monk, 54, from Romford, was captured on Tuesday morning as part of Operation Captura, an international multi-agency campaign targeting suspects who have fled the country.
He was overseeing workmen laying a marble patio around his swimming pool in Alicante when officers from the National Crime Agency (NCA) and the Spanish Guardia Civil swooped.
He is wanted on suspicion of conspiracy to supply cocaine and conspiracy to supply cannabis and is currently in custody awaiting extradition proceedings.
An imitation firearm with silencer and 125,000 Euros were recovered from the villa.
You may also want to watch:
The next day, another most wanted suspect, Jayson McDonald, from Acton, was arrested as part of a joint investigation with Dutch authorities.
He was found hiding under a bed in an Amsterdan apartment.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected
- 6 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 10 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
The arrests come less than a month after Operation Captura published its most wanted list. A total of 68 out of 86 fugitives on the list have now been caught.