Romford most wanted fugitive arrested in Spain
- Credit: NCA
A suspected drug trafficker who featured on the UK’s most wanted fugitive list has been arrested at his luxury villa in Spain.
Paul Monk, 54, from Romford, was captured on Tuesday morning as part of Operation Captura, an international multi-agency campaign targeting suspects who have fled the country.
He was overseeing workmen laying a marble patio around his swimming pool in Alicante when officers from the National Crime Agency (NCA) and the Spanish Guardia Civil swooped.
He is wanted on suspicion of conspiracy to supply cocaine and conspiracy to supply cannabis and is currently in custody awaiting extradition proceedings.
An imitation firearm with silencer and 125,000 Euros were recovered from the villa.
You may also want to watch:
The next day, another most wanted suspect, Jayson McDonald, from Acton, was arrested as part of a joint investigation with Dutch authorities.
He was found hiding under a bed in an Amsterdan apartment.
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 3 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 4 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 5 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 6 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 7 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone
- 9 Council campaign calls on residents to take up Covid vaccine
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
The arrests come less than a month after Operation Captura published its most wanted list. A total of 68 out of 86 fugitives on the list have now been caught.