Romford man charged with encouraging terrorism to face court
Tess de la Mare, PA
- Credit: Met Police
A man from Romford is set to stand trial next year accused of encouraging right-wing terrorism through a podcast.
Tyrone Patten-Walsh and co-defendant Christopher Gibbons - aged 34 and 38 respectively - deny a charge of encouraging terrorism on the podcast between March 3, 2019 and February 9, 2020.
A trial date of May 3, 2022 was set at the Old Bailey today (October 1) with both defendants to be tried at Kingston Crown Court.
Mr Gibbons, of Carshalton in south London, further denies a charge of dissemination of terrorist publications.
Speaking at today's proceedings, prosecutor Adam Harbinson said the evidence would be served on the defendants’ lawyers over several months because investigators are going through “tens, if not hundreds, of hours” of audio material.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Justice Sweeney granted Mr Gibbons and Mr Patten-Walsh bail on the condition that they live at their given addresses and surrender their passports to the police.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 9 Cabinet to vote on proposed changes to how housing is allocated in Havering
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority