Romford man suspected of drug related crimes among most wanted believed to be in Spain
- Credit: Archant
A Romford man suspected of involvement in conspiracy to supply cocaine and cannabis has been named on a list of Britain’s 10 most wanted fugitives believed to be hiding in Spain.
The list has been released by the National Crime Agency and crime-fighting charity, Crimestoppers as part of Operation Captura.
Paul Monk, 54, was allegedly involved in the handover of one kilo of cocaine in Cockfosters on May 7 2013 and the seizure of 23 kilos of herbal cannabis resin in Colchester on October 22 2013.
He and the other nine fugitives are believed to be evading capture by hiding in ex-pat communities in Spain. Others on the wanted list are suspected of involvement in crimes including rape and indecent assault of a child.
This is the ninth such appeal to be made. In the previous eight appeals 65 of 76 wanted fugitives were apprehended.
You may also want to watch:
Hank Cole, head of international operations for the National Crime Agency, said: “Spain is not a safe haven for British fugitives. The NCA and its partners will continue to pursue these individuals relentlessly and return them to the UK to face justice. Sixty-five fugitives on the Captura list have been caught, along with many more fugitives linked to other operations.”
Mr Monk is described as 5ft 10ins tall. Anyone with information can pass it on anonymously via Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 6 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel