Guilty: Romford pervert who forced schoolboy to engage in sex act in Chadwell Heath public toilet
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A Romford man who confronted a schoolboy in a Chadwell Heath public toilet and forced him to engage in a sexual act has been convicted of his crimes.
Graham John Mills, 54, of Elvet Avenue, Gidea Park, passed a sexually explicit note under a loo cubicle to his 13-year-old victim and then threatened to attack him if he did not comply with the demand in the note.
His victim had been on his way home when he stopped at the Cedar Park public toilets, in Cedar Park Gardens, Chadwell Heath, on January 30 this year.
The teenager managed to escape after promising Mills he would return the next day.
Mills denied attempted rape and causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
You may also want to watch:
He was found guilty of both counts following a trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court, which concluded on Thursday, June 7.
Mubeena Cockar-Khan, Senior Crown Prosecutor at CPS London North, said: “This was a brazen and disturbing assault in a public place that left the young victim shaken and scared.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
“I would like to thank the victim for his immense bravery in coming forward and helping the prosecution case.”
Mills will be sentenced on 28 June.