Romford man charged with murder of 85-year-old Rosina Coleman appears in court
- Credit: Archant
A Romford man charged with the murder of 85-year-old Rosina (Rose) Coleman appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Monday, May 21.
Paul Prause, 65, was arrested on suspicion of murder on Friday, May 18 and charged on Saturday, May 19.
Wearing a plain grey T-shirt, Mr Prause told the court his name and birth date.
The 65-year-old works as a handyman, providing painting and decorating services to his clients.
No plea was given.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Coleman, who lived alone, was found dead in her home in Ashmour Gardens. A murder investigation was launched the next day.
A post-mortem examination determined the cause of death to be blunt force trauma to the head and neck.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 5 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 6 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 7 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 8 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 9 Hornchurch Athletic captain excited by league switch and a new sponsorship deal
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
Prause has been remanded in custody and will appear at The Old Bailey on Wednesday, May 23.