Romford man charged with murder of 85-year-old Rosina Coleman appears in court
- Credit: Archant
A Romford man charged with the murder of 85-year-old Rosina (Rose) Coleman appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Monday, May 21.
Paul Prause, 65, was arrested on suspicion of murder on Friday, May 18 and charged on Saturday, May 19.
Wearing a plain grey T-shirt, Mr Prause told the court his name and birth date.
The 65-year-old works as a handyman, providing painting and decorating services to his clients.
No plea was given.
Mrs Coleman, who lived alone, was found dead in her home in Ashmour Gardens. A murder investigation was launched the next day.
A post-mortem examination determined the cause of death to be blunt force trauma to the head and neck.
- 1 Romford pair to 'bring a little bit of raving' to 'more mature' Hornchurch community
- 2 Watch: Brawl erupts on Heath Park street outside pub
- 3 Man, 52, found with head injuries in Hornchurch
- 4 'The smell is foul': Brigade called to more than 70 fires at Rainham site since 2018
- 5 Bid to turn Harold Wood motor shop into three-bedroom home refused by council
- 6 Unvaccinated patients may need to take Covid tests for hospital appointments as cases rise
- 7 Application to open Papa John's takeaway in Hornchurch
- 8 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 9 Teen taken to hospital as 'priority' after being stabbed in Rainham
Prause has been remanded in custody and will appear at The Old Bailey on Wednesday, May 23.