Romford man charged with murder of 85-year-old Rosina Coleman appears in court
- Credit: Archant
A Romford man charged with the murder of 85-year-old Rosina (Rose) Coleman appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Monday, May 21.
Paul Prause, 65, was arrested on suspicion of murder on Friday, May 18 and charged on Saturday, May 19.
Wearing a plain grey T-shirt, Mr Prause told the court his name and birth date.
The 65-year-old works as a handyman, providing painting and decorating services to his clients.
No plea was given.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Coleman, who lived alone, was found dead in her home in Ashmour Gardens. A murder investigation was launched the next day.
A post-mortem examination determined the cause of death to be blunt force trauma to the head and neck.
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 5 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 6 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 7 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
- 8 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 9 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- 10 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
Prause has been remanded in custody and will appear at The Old Bailey on Wednesday, May 23.