Romford man charged with murder of 85-year-old Rosina Coleman appears in court
- Credit: Archant
A Romford man charged with the murder of 85-year-old Rosina (Rose) Coleman appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Monday, May 21.
Paul Prause, 65, was arrested on suspicion of murder on Friday, May 18 and charged on Saturday, May 19.
Wearing a plain grey T-shirt, Mr Prause told the court his name and birth date.
The 65-year-old works as a handyman, providing painting and decorating services to his clients.
No plea was given.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Coleman, who lived alone, was found dead in her home in Ashmour Gardens. A murder investigation was launched the next day.
A post-mortem examination determined the cause of death to be blunt force trauma to the head and neck.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 9 Cabinet to vote on proposed changes to how housing is allocated in Havering
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
Prause has been remanded in custody and will appear at The Old Bailey on Wednesday, May 23.