Romford man charged with kidnap
- Credit: Archant
A 45-year-old from Romford has been charged with kidnap after a man went missing with a three-year-old child.
Robert Gurling, of Linden Street, will appear before Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on Monday. He will stay in police custody until his court appearance.
Laurence Payne, 40, a computer programmer of Dereham Place, Romford, appeared at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court today (Sat) charged with assisting an offender.
He was remanded in custody until Wednesday May 27 when he will appear at Chelmsford Crown Court.
A woman from Guildford in Surrey was also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender in connection with this investigation and has been bailed until Monday pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
The three-year-old child, who went missing on May 2 sparking a nationwide police hunt, has been placed into the care of social services.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 7 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 8 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 9 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 10 Wanstead and Havering residents 'make noise' for proportional representation