Romford man charged with kidnap
- Credit: Archant
A 45-year-old from Romford has been charged with kidnap after a man went missing with a three-year-old child.
Robert Gurling, of Linden Street, will appear before Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on Monday. He will stay in police custody until his court appearance.
Laurence Payne, 40, a computer programmer of Dereham Place, Romford, appeared at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court today (Sat) charged with assisting an offender.
He was remanded in custody until Wednesday May 27 when he will appear at Chelmsford Crown Court.
A woman from Guildford in Surrey was also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender in connection with this investigation and has been bailed until Monday pending further enquiries.
The three-year-old child, who went missing on May 2 sparking a nationwide police hunt, has been placed into the care of social services.
- 1 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 2 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 3 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 4 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
- 5 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 6 Man found not guilty of attempted murder in Brentwood
- 7 NHS staff protest mandatory vaccinations outside Queen's Hospital
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
- 10 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford