Romford man charged with kidnap
- Credit: Archant
A 45-year-old from Romford has been charged with kidnap after a man went missing with a three-year-old child.
Robert Gurling, of Linden Street, will appear before Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on Monday. He will stay in police custody until his court appearance.
Laurence Payne, 40, a computer programmer of Dereham Place, Romford, appeared at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court today (Sat) charged with assisting an offender.
He was remanded in custody until Wednesday May 27 when he will appear at Chelmsford Crown Court.
A woman from Guildford in Surrey was also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender in connection with this investigation and has been bailed until Monday pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
The three-year-old child, who went missing on May 2 sparking a nationwide police hunt, has been placed into the care of social services.
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 4 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 8 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes