Romford man charged with kidnap
- Credit: Archant
A 45-year-old from Romford has been charged with kidnap after a man went missing with a three-year-old child.
Robert Gurling, of Linden Street, will appear before Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on Monday. He will stay in police custody until his court appearance.
Laurence Payne, 40, a computer programmer of Dereham Place, Romford, appeared at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court today (Sat) charged with assisting an offender.
He was remanded in custody until Wednesday May 27 when he will appear at Chelmsford Crown Court.
A woman from Guildford in Surrey was also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender in connection with this investigation and has been bailed until Monday pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
The three-year-old child, who went missing on May 2 sparking a nationwide police hunt, has been placed into the care of social services.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 8 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice