Romford man arrested after cannabis factory discovered
A Romford man was among three people arrested in Pitsea on suspicion of cannabis cultivation after a drugs factory was uncovered on Sunday afternoon.
Essex Police found nearly 400 cannabis plants at an address in Lenham Way in the town.
Hydroponics and drugs paraphernalia were found at the premises, and were seized along with the plants.
Police also seized a four-figure sum of cash and a Range Rover vehicle under the Proceeds of Crime Act, after they suspected they may have been obtained by the proceeds of suspected drugs supply.
The 33-year-old Romford man was arrested, along with a 29-year-old man, whose home town hasn’t been released, on suspicion of cannabis cultivation.
A 26-year-old from Pitsea was arrested on suspicion of cannabis cultivation and abstraction of electricity.
The men are still being questioned in custody.
- 1 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 2 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 3 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 4 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 5 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 6 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 7 Police: Blaze in flats with flammable cladding was arson attack
- 8 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 9 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 10 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'