Romford handyman allegedly beat 85-year-old Rosina Coleman to death with a hammer, court told
- Credit: Archant
A 65-year-old Romford man accused of beating 85-year-old Rosina (Rose) Coleman to death with a hammer appeared for a pre-trial hearing at The Old Bailey today (May 23).
Paul Prause, 65, who is charged with murdering of Rosina Coleman, appeared at The Old Bailey via video link from Pentonville prison.
Mrs Coleman was found dead in her home on Tuesday, May 15.
A murder investigation was launched the next day.
The post-mortem examination determined the cause of death to be blunt force trauma to the head and neck.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Prause was arrested on suspicion of murder on Friday, May 18 and charged on Saturday, May 19.
The 65-year-old worked as a handyman, providing painting and decorating services to his clients.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 7 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 8 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 9 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused
- 10 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
Mr Prause is due to appear next at The Old Bailey on August 21.