Romford handyman allegedly beat 85-year-old Rosina Coleman to death with a hammer, court told
- Credit: Archant
A 65-year-old Romford man accused of beating 85-year-old Rosina (Rose) Coleman to death with a hammer appeared for a pre-trial hearing at The Old Bailey today (May 23).
Paul Prause, 65, who is charged with murdering of Rosina Coleman, appeared at The Old Bailey via video link from Pentonville prison.
Mrs Coleman was found dead in her home on Tuesday, May 15.
A murder investigation was launched the next day.
The post-mortem examination determined the cause of death to be blunt force trauma to the head and neck.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Prause was arrested on suspicion of murder on Friday, May 18 and charged on Saturday, May 19.
The 65-year-old worked as a handyman, providing painting and decorating services to his clients.
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 5 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 6 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 7 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
- 8 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 9 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- 10 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
Mr Prause is due to appear next at The Old Bailey on August 21.