Romford handyman allegedly beat 85-year-old Rosina Coleman to death with a hammer, court told
- Credit: Archant
A 65-year-old Romford man accused of beating 85-year-old Rosina (Rose) Coleman to death with a hammer appeared for a pre-trial hearing at The Old Bailey today (May 23).
Paul Prause, 65, who is charged with murdering of Rosina Coleman, appeared at The Old Bailey via video link from Pentonville prison.
Mrs Coleman was found dead in her home on Tuesday, May 15.
A murder investigation was launched the next day.
The post-mortem examination determined the cause of death to be blunt force trauma to the head and neck.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Prause was arrested on suspicion of murder on Friday, May 18 and charged on Saturday, May 19.
The 65-year-old worked as a handyman, providing painting and decorating services to his clients.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 5 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 6 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 7 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 8 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 9 Hornchurch Athletic captain excited by league switch and a new sponsorship deal
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
Mr Prause is due to appear next at The Old Bailey on August 21.