Romford drug dealer jailed in one of the biggest-ever hauls of the drug ‘Meow Meow’.

Three dealers- including one from Romford have been jailed after a Met police operation led to the seizure of one of the biggest-ever hauls of the drug ‘Meow Meow’.

More than 100 kilos of the class B drug with a street value of between �2.5million and �3million was seized by officers from SCD7 Central Task Force (East) who intercepted two batches destined for sale across the UK.

On Friday June 22, Allen Valentine, 51,an unemployed former chemist, of Kynaston Wood, Harrow was jailed for a total of three years and fours months for conspiracy to supply between 7 October and 24 November 2011.

Kenneth Warwick, 37 unemployed, of Greenwood House, Tysoe Street was jailed for a total of four months for conspiracy to supply between 7 October and 24 November 2011 and Nicholas Bailey, 27, an unemployed ex-soldier, of Drummond Road, Romford was jailed for three years and four months for conspiracy to supply on 7 October 2011.

Another two men had previously been jailed for their part in the deals.

Enver Ibrahim, 43, unemployed, of Ashbrook Road was jailed for 42 months at Bristol Crown Court on 12 April 2012 for possession with intent to supply.

Michael Harry, 26, a music teacher of Kingsland Road, Bristol was jailed for 40 months at Blackfriars Crown Court on 13 December 2011 for possession with intent to supply.

Most Read

They had all previously pleaded guilty.

Between October and November last year, Task Force officers carried out a proactive operation following information received about the distribution of class B drug Methylmethcathinone, known as Meow Meow, in multi-kilo consignments.

Warwick and Valentine - the main supplier - were the initial targets of the operation.

On 7 October 2011 they orchestrated the distribution of 50.48 kilos of the drug to Harry, a courier working for a Bristol-based organised crime network.

On 24 November 2011 they gave 49.61 kilos to Ibrahim, who worked for a London-based organised crime network but with the plan that the drugs would also be transferred to Bristol.

Bailey had a key role on 7 October 2011 as he was in constant communication with Harry, guiding him into London and then to the location of the transaction.

Police carried out surveillance on both days and witnessed cash and drugs being transferred. Once the deals were complete, they swooped to arrest Harry and Ibrahim.

Harry was arrested in a Vauxhall Vectra in Sudbury Court Drive, Wembley, at 14:30hrs on 7 October 2011 with a car full of drugs.

Another deal was set up by the group to recoup their losses and this time officers followed the trail to Bristol before arresting Ibrahim on 24 November 2011 Again, he was in a vehicle loaded with drugs.

Further enquiries led to the arrest of Valentine and Warwick on 2 March 2012 and Bailey on 12 May 2012.

Detective Inspector Colin Stephenson, of the Met’s Central Task Force (East), who led the operation, said: “This particular drug is well-known across the UK club scene and can be very dangerous. All drugs, if misused, can cause fatalities and the seizure of this significant haul will no doubt save many young lives. Our operation has not only seen the drugs removed from the streets but has also greatly disrupted criminal network intent on supplying drugs to young people.”