Romford doctor due in court over 118 sexual assault charges
- Credit: Archant
A Romford doctor, accused of 118 sexual offences including one on a girl under 13, is due to appear in court today.
Manish Shah, 47, of Brunel Close, Romford, is charged with 65 counts of assault by penetration and 52 counts of sexual assault.
The offences all allegedly occurred in Havering between 2009 and 2013, with some taking place over several years according to the charges.
Dr Shah is due at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today for his appearance in the dock for a preliminary hearing.
The case will then get referred to crown court.
You may also want to watch:
Police charged him on August 2 and he was then released on bail.
The NHS has set up a dedicated phone number for anyone who has concerns or questions which can be accessed by phoning 0800 011 4253.
- 1 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 2 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 3 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 6 Sewage floods home of family with one-day-old newborn after heavy rain
- 7 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 10 Drains in area repeatedly flooded to be next inspected during bad weather