Romford doctor due in court over 118 sexual assault charges
- Credit: Archant
A Romford doctor, accused of 118 sexual offences including one on a girl under 13, is due to appear in court today.
Manish Shah, 47, of Brunel Close, Romford, is charged with 65 counts of assault by penetration and 52 counts of sexual assault.
The offences all allegedly occurred in Havering between 2009 and 2013, with some taking place over several years according to the charges.
Dr Shah is due at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today for his appearance in the dock for a preliminary hearing.
The case will then get referred to crown court.
You may also want to watch:
Police charged him on August 2 and he was then released on bail.
The NHS has set up a dedicated phone number for anyone who has concerns or questions which can be accessed by phoning 0800 011 4253.
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 4 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 5 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Polling places review underway ahead of 2022 ward increase