Romford doctor due in court over 118 sexual assault charges
- Credit: Archant
A Romford doctor, accused of 118 sexual offences including one on a girl under 13, is due to appear in court today.
Manish Shah, 47, of Brunel Close, Romford, is charged with 65 counts of assault by penetration and 52 counts of sexual assault.
The offences all allegedly occurred in Havering between 2009 and 2013, with some taking place over several years according to the charges.
Dr Shah is due at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today for his appearance in the dock for a preliminary hearing.
The case will then get referred to crown court.
You may also want to watch:
Police charged him on August 2 and he was then released on bail.
The NHS has set up a dedicated phone number for anyone who has concerns or questions which can be accessed by phoning 0800 011 4253.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 6 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back