Romford doctor due in court over 118 sexual assault charges
- Credit: Archant
A Romford doctor, accused of 118 sexual offences including one on a girl under 13, is due to appear in court today.
Manish Shah, 47, of Brunel Close, Romford, is charged with 65 counts of assault by penetration and 52 counts of sexual assault.
The offences all allegedly occurred in Havering between 2009 and 2013, with some taking place over several years according to the charges.
Dr Shah is due at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today for his appearance in the dock for a preliminary hearing.
The case will then get referred to crown court.
You may also want to watch:
Police charged him on August 2 and he was then released on bail.
The NHS has set up a dedicated phone number for anyone who has concerns or questions which can be accessed by phoning 0800 011 4253.
- 1 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 2 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 3 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 4 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 5 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 6 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 7 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
- 8 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 9 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge