Romford doctor due in court over 118 sexual assault charges
- Credit: Archant
A Romford doctor, accused of 118 sexual offences including one on a girl under 13, is due to appear in court today.
Manish Shah, 47, of Brunel Close, Romford, is charged with 65 counts of assault by penetration and 52 counts of sexual assault.
The offences all allegedly occurred in Havering between 2009 and 2013, with some taking place over several years according to the charges.
Dr Shah is due at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today for his appearance in the dock for a preliminary hearing.
The case will then get referred to crown court.
You may also want to watch:
Police charged him on August 2 and he was then released on bail.
The NHS has set up a dedicated phone number for anyone who has concerns or questions which can be accessed by phoning 0800 011 4253.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 5 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 6 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 9 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell