Revealed: The top 10 most crime-ridden streets in Havering
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Fifty eight crimes were reported in Havering on average each day at the beginning of this year, police data reveals.
A total of 1804 incidents were logged in the borough throughout January, according to figures from the Met and Essex Police.
Violent and sexual offence were the most prevalent type of crime (25.4 per cent), with 458 reported incidents over the period, followed by anti-social behaviour (316 incidents - 17.5pc).
Burglaries accounted for 230 of the incidents reported, the third most prevalent type of crime at 13pc.
Analysis by the Recorder reveals Waterloo Road, in Romford, to be the most crime-ridden street in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
In January, 12 crimes took place on or near to the road.
For the top 10 crime hotspots and breakdowns of crimes by type and location, see the interactive charts and map above.
- 1 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 2 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 7 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 10 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016