Revealed: The top 10 most crime-ridden streets in Havering
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Fifty eight crimes were reported in Havering on average each day at the beginning of this year, police data reveals.
A total of 1804 incidents were logged in the borough throughout January, according to figures from the Met and Essex Police.
Violent and sexual offence were the most prevalent type of crime (25.4 per cent), with 458 reported incidents over the period, followed by anti-social behaviour (316 incidents - 17.5pc).
Burglaries accounted for 230 of the incidents reported, the third most prevalent type of crime at 13pc.
Analysis by the Recorder reveals Waterloo Road, in Romford, to be the most crime-ridden street in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
In January, 12 crimes took place on or near to the road.
For the top 10 crime hotspots and breakdowns of crimes by type and location, see the interactive charts and map above.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 10 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van