Revealed: The top 10 most crime-ridden streets in Havering
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Fifty eight crimes were reported in Havering on average each day at the beginning of this year, police data reveals.
A total of 1804 incidents were logged in the borough throughout January, according to figures from the Met and Essex Police.
Violent and sexual offence were the most prevalent type of crime (25.4 per cent), with 458 reported incidents over the period, followed by anti-social behaviour (316 incidents - 17.5pc).
Burglaries accounted for 230 of the incidents reported, the third most prevalent type of crime at 13pc.
Analysis by the Recorder reveals Waterloo Road, in Romford, to be the most crime-ridden street in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
In January, 12 crimes took place on or near to the road.
For the top 10 crime hotspots and breakdowns of crimes by type and location, see the interactive charts and map above.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 4 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 5 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 6 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 7 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 8 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 9 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 10 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres