Revealed: The top 10 most crime-ridden streets in Havering
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Fifty eight crimes were reported in Havering on average each day at the beginning of this year, police data reveals.
A total of 1804 incidents were logged in the borough throughout January, according to figures from the Met and Essex Police.
Violent and sexual offence were the most prevalent type of crime (25.4 per cent), with 458 reported incidents over the period, followed by anti-social behaviour (316 incidents - 17.5pc).
Burglaries accounted for 230 of the incidents reported, the third most prevalent type of crime at 13pc.
Analysis by the Recorder reveals Waterloo Road, in Romford, to be the most crime-ridden street in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
In January, 12 crimes took place on or near to the road.
For the top 10 crime hotspots and breakdowns of crimes by type and location, see the interactive charts and map above.
- 1 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 2 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 3 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 4 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 7 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
- 8 Brookside Theatre appeals for help repairing windows
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police