Residents evacuated following a serious incident in Rainham
- Credit: Archant
Residents have been evacuated from their homes after police firearms and explosive officers were called to an address in Rainham.
London Ambulance Service called police to a residential address in Plough Court, Broadis Way, at 2.13pm today in response to reports of a man threatening to shoot himself.
Officers from the Firearms Command and Explosive Officers were called along with the London Fire Brigade.
One man has been detained under the mental health.
As a precaution police have evacuated some residents and asked others to stay inside with windows and blinds drawn.
You may also want to watch:
Residents of Snowdrop and Bluebell Court have been asked to make their way to South Street Community Centre for their own safety.
All local residents of Broadis Way have been told to stay away from windows which face Plough Court and to keep the curtains or blinds shut for safety.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
A cordon remains in place as enquiries continue.