Residents evacuated following a serious incident in Rainham
- Credit: Archant
Residents have been evacuated from their homes after police firearms and explosive officers were called to an address in Rainham.
London Ambulance Service called police to a residential address in Plough Court, Broadis Way, at 2.13pm today in response to reports of a man threatening to shoot himself.
Officers from the Firearms Command and Explosive Officers were called along with the London Fire Brigade.
One man has been detained under the mental health.
As a precaution police have evacuated some residents and asked others to stay inside with windows and blinds drawn.
You may also want to watch:
Residents of Snowdrop and Bluebell Court have been asked to make their way to South Street Community Centre for their own safety.
All local residents of Broadis Way have been told to stay away from windows which face Plough Court and to keep the curtains or blinds shut for safety.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 3 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 4 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 5 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 6 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 7 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 8 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 9 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 10 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
A cordon remains in place as enquiries continue.