Residents evacuated following a serious incident in Rainham
- Credit: Archant
Residents have been evacuated from their homes after police firearms and explosive officers were called to an address in Rainham.
London Ambulance Service called police to a residential address in Plough Court, Broadis Way, at 2.13pm today in response to reports of a man threatening to shoot himself.
Officers from the Firearms Command and Explosive Officers were called along with the London Fire Brigade.
One man has been detained under the mental health.
As a precaution police have evacuated some residents and asked others to stay inside with windows and blinds drawn.
You may also want to watch:
Residents of Snowdrop and Bluebell Court have been asked to make their way to South Street Community Centre for their own safety.
All local residents of Broadis Way have been told to stay away from windows which face Plough Court and to keep the curtains or blinds shut for safety.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
A cordon remains in place as enquiries continue.