Residents evacuated following a serious incident in Rainham
- Credit: Archant
Residents have been evacuated from their homes after police firearms and explosive officers were called to an address in Rainham.
London Ambulance Service called police to a residential address in Plough Court, Broadis Way, at 2.13pm today in response to reports of a man threatening to shoot himself.
Officers from the Firearms Command and Explosive Officers were called along with the London Fire Brigade.
One man has been detained under the mental health.
As a precaution police have evacuated some residents and asked others to stay inside with windows and blinds drawn.
Residents of Snowdrop and Bluebell Court have been asked to make their way to South Street Community Centre for their own safety.
All local residents of Broadis Way have been told to stay away from windows which face Plough Court and to keep the curtains or blinds shut for safety.
- 1 Man stabbed in head in reported Hornchurch robbery
- 2 Nude cycle ride supporting cyclists' safety and body positivity to come to Romford
- 3 Jailed: Woman raped by two men in 'depraved' set-up
- 4 Local election 2022: HRA and Labour form new Havering administration
- 5 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 6 'Transformational’: What is the Elizabeth line and what does it mean for Havering?
- 7 Met Police reportedly 'scrutinising CCTV' in Havering electoral fraud investigation
- 8 'Redundant’ Hornchurch office space being eyed for new one-bedroom home
- 9 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 10 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
A cordon remains in place as enquiries continue.